Editable Map Locations

Redslash12
Redslash12
edited February 2009 in Feature Requests

Comments

• Redslash12
    Redslash12
    Let me say this before I start, I LOVE the maps. The google maps with my own world is awesome and I recently found out how to add locations onto the map. Its so awesome to be able to scroll around the world placing towns and stuff, zooming in and looking at detail. However there is a problem. I share a campaign world with my brother, but our campaigns take place on different continents. There is some overlap between the two, and when that happens we often link to each others wiki for information. When I tried to link a location on my map to a town in his campaign, I couldn't find out how. There is a drop down box with a list of pages in my wiki, and then I can set a area that page is located at, but if I wanted to set a spot on the map that links to my brother's campaign, no dice. So...

What does it do?
    Allow out-of-campaign pages to be linked to in your map and information to be displayed on the map.

what does it look like?
    When you place a point on the map you first input a URL, instead of choosing a page in the campaign's wiki. The point's pop up window would then have the name of the page, the delete button, and, additionally, an edit button. This edit button would add any extra text to the point's pop up window.

This way I could place a point on the map linked to my brother's town, and add a bit of text saying what the town is. Perhaps even place a picture of the town on the point info. Think of it like how google maps does businesses, they have the name of the place, then some text, mostly the address and phone number, and finally a picture. I'm not sure how widely this would be used, but I do think at least the Text bit would be helpful to a lot.