Deleted post
    Post edited by GamingMegaverse on

Just trying to help out.

• SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Re: the Customer Service closed or Open concern on the help forums,

------

Not sure, mixed feelings.

A consolidated list of our concerns is being created, thumbs up.

A to-do list (as brought up early in the thread) that shows priorities of what they are working on has not. The blog entry was helpful however.

I guess the question would be..since the thread is labelled "Customer Service", has the customer service issues been resolved.

Communication? check.
    Any actual task being completed? nope.

So we have improved communication and enthusiasm, and I sincerely applaud alex for his efforts. Sincerely.

As far as customer service, I am not happy with the lack of improvements, and the time frame its taking. I do understand new team problems, old code problems, organizing etc. So yes, that would take time.

But its also the same lipstick on a pig that we've been hearing for YEARS.

Think about that for a moment. YEARS. I would have bailed anywhere/anything else. So my loyalty should not be in question.

But back to "Customer Service" and closing this thread, my customer service is not satisfactory, and this is hte thread I would like to use to make note of it. Specific issues can be raised and closed in other threads.

My two cents, and I respect the opinions of the others in this thread, no worries if I am in the minority.
  • Belrathius
    Belrathius
    Hi Skid,

I have no issue with your comments at all, but from my perspective, could you be more clear about what specifically you would like to see added to the list of current issues? Ideally, I would like a short statement of the issue and, if appropriate, a link to another forum thread (which you implied).

To everyone else,
    I completely agree with Skid that we have been told (by Kaleidoscope, not just Jerry and Micah) about fixes coming for quite some time now, and yet there is still no change. The improvements in communication are important, but so is actually fixing stuff. If this is just a side project for the development staff (which is how it seems, coming from someone with years in the software industry professionally), then Kaleidoscope needs to consider adding more immediate resources to get over this recovery period. This is especially true given that they took over OP "some time in March":http://blog.obsidianportal.com/behind-the-curtain-2015-update/ and that should be plenty of time to get a handle on a codebase and build environment. It does make one wonder if they bit off more than they can chew or if they simply are limiting the resources that they are willing to allocate to supporting their customer base.
    Post edited by Belrathius on
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Bel, most of my post was concerning keeping the Customer Service thread open over at the Help forum.

The list of issues you have consolidated is fine by me, no additions needed.

My point was (and I crossed posted it here) that there were still customer service issues, and no "Developer To-Do" list, i.e. prioritized and scheduled by them.

If cross posting here was a poor forum choice and confused folks, my apologies.
  • Belrathius
    Belrathius
    No worries, Skid, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything for what I am responsible for.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    An issue that is missing, or at least I cannot find it, is that pre-reforge we used to get updates that a comment on an adventure log was posted. That has not happened since the reforge.

Just trying to help out.

• Unknown
    That would be part of the mail notifications as a whole. A lot of what is on the support page is not yet up on this listing. I am still working up a master list of the issues presently and will be looking for a more permanent home for the listing than just a forum post as we move forward.

But, yea, from your report (and some others) that still seems to be on the table.
  • Belrathius
    Belrathius
    I have added three additional issues reported in the forums:

Adventure Log Comments Broken
    Image Upload Broken
    Map Won't Update?

Please note that due to the specific effort going on towards resolving the email issue, that issue still has not been added. I am _hoping_ that the issue will be resolved completely fairly soon.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Please add Dashboard Stream- any new pages do not show up there. Old pages that are updated do, but any page created after the "fix" do not.

Just trying to help out.

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Dashboard, images, maps, and email are all working for me now.

Just trying to help out.

• Belrathius
    Belrathius
    I can no longer do a comparison between two page versions, it goes straight to the "report a bug" page. Can anyone else confirm please?

As an aside, should I remove the three new added issues?
  • cgregory
    cgregory
    I can do a comparison between two page versions.

Belrathius, I wonder was one of the pages edited during the after the initial "email fix", but before they truly fixed it?

I tried a two pages before any fixes applied and 1 page before any fixes and 1 page after the real fix. Don't have any pages created after the first fix but before good fix.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• Belrathius
    Belrathius
    It was definitely between an older page and one changed by one of my players during the "fix". Source control process _should_ be independent of any changes to the processes for email notification, but then again so should other behind-the-scenes things like uploading an image.

In my opinion, this is exposing a much deeper need for a complete overhaul. Modular, independent systems should not have these kinds of bizarre ripples. I feel like my campaign info is sitting in the middle of an old, rickety rope bridge over a deep chasm. One stiff breeze and it can be completely gone. I think it is time to start doing serious data scrapes of my campaigns before something happens. This is not meant negatively towards the new owners but rather the code fiasco that they inherited from Micah.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Anything on the day of the fix, 9/22, is blank for me, as if it never got saved- but all others are fine on compare.
    The listing has no name if it cannot be accessed- I can live with it.

Just trying to help out.

• Unknown
    I am working up a master list of items reported from this as well as the support page, wanted to advise I have all items from here listed as of this posting. Please advise if any other items or details are added to this. We are working on a comprehensive development roadmap that I will be having our Community Ambassadors get some input on once we have all items listed.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Would love to see that list- especially since some of the fixes are Reforge and even pre-Reforge requests- in other words, years! old, not days or weeks or even months.

Just trying to help out.

• Unknown
    I am looking into ways we can get public visibility on this (I am looking into options to try and enhance our support system here as what is in place does not make these a simple prospect and it is very basic). The biggest trick is weeding through all the duplicates on the Tender site (even more than you think since a lot of people submit private cases) and getting this all refined down into a listing of the actual issues at hand (which will actually be a lot less than we have tickets for).

Once I get this all sorted I plan to get some things more visible to the community since we still have a proverbial mess here. I am working on it though.
  • Belrathius
    Belrathius
    I agree with KVP.

Side note, due to the heightened awareness and focus on the email issue, it was never added to this list.
  • Unknown
    That is fine Belrathius, the email issue is on the master list, which now has what I am fairly confident is all of the items from the Tender (Support/Help) site with some consolidation so duplicate items aren't on it a number of times like they are in the list of cases. Our lead tech is looking this all over now and trying to establish a sense of deadlines for how long various items should take to complete barring no odd issues or holdups along the way (I am sure we will have some, that always happens in my experience, but it will give us a better idea of the scope of the work ahead).

I am looking into some options for the support setup here at OP that can grant us more transparency on items for everyone and clear up some of the problems we are running into with the current system that is in place. I really need to get this to the Inner Council members so we can discuss issue priorities as it will help to have more insight on that from a member perspective and not just a technical one. The end goal is to have it always visible to everyone though, so I will try and keep folks posted on the developments there as well.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    6 weeks later, nothing fixed, more broken, and no public visibility.

Just trying to help out.

• Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    frequently when trying to edit my wiki pages the edit window only opens up to show 2 lines of code at a time

is anyone else getting this problem? definitely the biggest ongoing this-website-isnt-working-for-me-in-the-most-basic-ways day-to-day frustration for me (though the frequent bad gateway errors are a close second)...

a few months ago I got some response from Alex, but no resolution and the gist of it before he went on hiatus was "we have all these critical issues to resolve, things only affecting one user aren't a priority", I'm just trying to gauge if the not-fully-loading wiki edit windows is a widespread problem (I take it the Bad Gateway errors are)

posted screen cap here:
    http://help.obsidianportal.com/discussions/problems/19129-wiki-woes
  • Basileus
    Basileus
    @Tau: Can you click and drag from the bottom right corner of that window (the little button under the scroll bar)?
  • Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    @Basileus - well, today the edit window is fully loading for a change, and yes, I can click and drag from the bottom right corner... I will wait and see if that still works when the problem crops up again... it would still be annoying to have to do that each time, but not nearly annoying as the current status quo
  • Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    @Basileus - worked! (qualified - I went to a different page, that wasn't recently edited, e.g. maybe not cached... and when the edit window only loaded up two lines at a time... was able to drag the window open from the bottom right... then immediately hit save, and the page was slow to process that, e.g. what it looks like before it usually gives a bad gateway / timeout error... also refreshed a different wiki page and it was slow to process that as well... surmising the slow loading of the edit window is related to a more general back end problem with the site)
  • Basileus
    Basileus
    I used to have a similar issue - having to resize it isn't fixed, of course, but is at least more of an annoyance than being stuck unable to use it.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Basileus, has this been updated in a while?

Just trying to help out.

• Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    not Basileus - but having the same problem... Aaron asked me to create a separate private bug report to trouble-shoot this problem on my campaign... and it seems like it's only happening to one of my campaigns... not the others
  • Basileus
    Basileus
    I know you meant Belrathius, but I'll chime in anyway. Belrathius last logged in in December, so likely hasn't seen the latest work.

Until his next visit, we'd likely have to rely on an admin to update these.
  • GrayGriffin
    GrayGriffin
    Forums no longer follow the personal profile setting for email notification

Issue: Profile settings for email notification is important; some like to be notified and others don’t. Campaign forums no longer adhere to those preferences but instead default to “email all”.
    Date Reported: Post-Reforge
    Source: Forums; New Reforge Issue Tracking List
    Work-around: Deselct the “email all” and uncheck names accordingly.
    ---
    The work-around does not work. I have repeatedly deselected the checkboxes for this and whenever I leave the page they all automatically reselect themselves. Also the text on the Notification Preferences page is scrunched up really weirdly.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Why was the original post of the tracking list deleted???

Just trying to help out.