Links back to the campaign

Comments

• milesshannara
    milesshannara
    Hey, new to the site here, one of the guys who came over after Gabe of Penny Arcade posted about this place. So far, I'm loving everything this site has to offer, it's an amazing concept. Got a suggestion that would be really helpful, I think, so here it goes.

Running around the campaign wiki's, doing edits and reading different parts can kind of be a bother because there aren't any links back to the main page of the campaign once you get further in. What specifically comes to mind is in the NPC tracker area, after editing or looking at NPCs. So far, I just bang on the back button enough to get back, or go to my profile to go back to the campaign. A quicker way to do this would be great and I think links to your current campaigns in the same area as the link to your profile content or just a link back to the main campaign page from different parts of that wiki would be really helpful.

Hope you guys find this to be a good idea, thanks!
  • Flatscan
    Flatscan
    Welcome to OP milesshannara! If you create a banner and upload it to your main wiki page, it will act as a link to the main page. This will work for just about every page for the campaign but not for characters (PC or NPC) as they actually navigate away from the campaign site itself. However, there should be a link in the PC or NPCs description with a link back to the campaign site.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Also, there should be the "Home" and "Wiki" tabs in your campaign. They kind of vanished from mine, but I reported that as a bug. And scrapped that wiki because I had hit a wall with it at that point. =)

"Home" is, IIRC, what the banner will link to. "Wiki" is a separate page, and I like using that as my table of contents w/r/t world content.
  • milesshannara
    milesshannara
    Thanks for the responses. =)

Flatscan, I'll try uploading the banner and use that. I completely missed the link in the NPC section too, so that will help, though a link back to the NPC list would be cool, I think.

On the pages where it displays the tabs, none of this is an issue so no problems there.