Areas in maps? GM-only maps?

Comments

• cunningrat
    cunningrat
    This is the current map for my campaign. The underlying map was done using Google Maps: I then uploaded it as an image and stuck markers on it.

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/insect/maps/show/1432

Here is what I want to do. I want to mark areas on the map as the players discover them. Let's say they run into a gang called (for example) the Mad Gamemasters, who claim a particular area. I want to mark the area the Mad Gamemasters control as a shaded space on the map.
    There is currently no way on OP to do that. Correct?

I can make maps ahead of time in Google Maps, and upload them to OP.
    There is currently no way on OP to copy marker locations from one map to another. Correct?

It would be helpful for me to have a master GM-only map with all areas marked.
    There is currently no way on OP to mark these maps "GM-only" so the players do not see them ahead of time. Correct?

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not knocking OP. I think it's a life-saver as far as GMing goes, it's a wonderful tool. I'm just making sure that there's currently no support in OP for the things I want to do before I go looking for alternate solutions with regard to maps.
  • IceBob
    IceBob
    There's no way I know to do what you want _within_ OP. Still, I gotta love anyone running Bug City.
  • cunningrat
    cunningrat
    Thanks for the good word. I appreciate it. :)