invites not getting sent

Snargash_Moonclaw
Snargash_Moonclaw
edited October 2008 in Bug Reports

Comments

• Snargash_Moonclaw
    Snargash_Moonclaw
    In the Manage Players page the Send Invite tool doesn't always seem to register some of the email addresses - when I click Send the page refreshes but the address doesn't show in the Existing Invites box, so I don't know if the invite was sent or not. Sometimes it does work, but I can see no pattern, such as not sending to certain providers.
  • Micah
    Micah
    Is this still happening? We haven't heard reports from anyone else, so we assumed it was just a fluke.
  • drednik
    drednik
    My players; both Hotmail and gmail are not getting invites. If they make an account I can invite that way. But invite by email is a great way to get new users.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    They are working on this issue- it was fixed after 2008 though, but recently broken again....

Just trying to help out.

• Unknown
    Yep, killervp is correct. I am going to be touching with tech today for further testing of this. My focus is the notifications, and seeing if we can get that fix rolled post haste. It is highly important for this to be resolved.
  • bluesguy
    bluesguy
    That explains why one of my players hasn't gotten the invite :-(
  • Unknown
    Yea, this is all a part of the email notifications issues. To get around that for now on the invites you can tell the player to make an OP account and invite by username. They get an onsite notification that way.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Done doing things for free to promote OP while being ignored. Looking for other options

Just trying to help out.

• SkidAce
    SkidAce
    If I recall, fixing the notifications took nothing more than having a certain tech guy "reset" something that went south occasionally.

Could you touch bases with someone or research that process and flip that switch while working on a permanent fix?
  • drednik
    drednik
    Thanks alex-redeye
  • Unknown
    edited September 2015
    I can look into it SkidAce, I would have to assume this is something that Micah did previously. I will say that in my experience, "flipping a switch" is normally a huge oversimplification of things related to tech, but if this is one of those instances where such a fix is possible I will have them do it post haste.

*EDIT:* Communication about this sent to tech to be addressed.
    Post edited by Unknown User on