Back in Action

Unknown
edited July 2015 in General Discussion
So, I am back in action as it were here on OP after a bit of a hiatus (though I was still popping in on the forums at times and doing some stuff to contribute to the community). I should be much more available and engaged here now that I am getting ramped back up to get my DA Campaign rolling again. We picked up some new Fans in the downtime, and after digging around I see we are the most Fanned Dragon Age RPG campaign here on OP. Big thanks to everyone for that, even if the numbers are paltry in comparison to some of the more epic pages around here!

Looking forward to being back in the swing of it all, and having an active campaign under my belt.

--
Alex
"Dragon Age: Requiem":https://da-requiem.obsidianportal.com/

Comments

• ketherian
    ketherian
    Welcome back!
    --
    ketherian
    "Signs & Portends":https://swtwc.obsidianportal.com
  • Bortas
    Bortas
    Psssh - you have a great site!

-bort
    "Morwindl":https://morwindl.obsidianportal.com
  • Unknown
    Your page is pretty epic as well, good sir!
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Welcome back! You are definitely a boon to the community!

Just trying to help out.

• Unknown
    Thanks very much, glad to be getting back into the swing of things. Our return session is tomorrow, so we should have a new log up sometime shortly thereafter for the folks following along.
  • Unknown
    Just finished up with our first session back. Had a couple characters gain some levels and some interesting stuff go down. Recap should be up in a day or so for those interested in the plot portion of things. We will also have a few updates getting done around the site as a result, which means more tidbits of info as well. Good times all around, even with the late start on things and really having just a combat scenario for the bulk of play time.
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Welcome back, Alex. Just as you are starting, I am having my session END tomorrow.

Back to playing again until October.

twiggyleaf
    CURRENT CAMPAIGN: "Mysteria":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/mysteria - set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.
    Previous CotM Aug 2012: "Shimring":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/shimring

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• Unknown
    edited July 2015
    Well, I hope we still see you about the forums from time to time in the interim.

--
    Alex
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    @Twiggyleaf- That sure seemed like a short period...

Just trying to help out.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Yes, KVP, it was made shorter because we had an ALL DAY session at the club, where we were able to complete a whole adventure in a single session. My usual sessions are three adventures deep, but this time I just prepared two, with plans for an even shorter one in October, but all ultimately in preparation for a more massive campaign swing based on Kobold Press's new SOUTHLANDS CAMPAIGN SETTING, the PDF of which I received today. Much work to be done as the group head into a totally new world of Egyptian and Arabian based adventuring. Some of our new Gods will soon be similar to those of CrIsis!

twigs

Inner Council Member

• Unknown
    And I my side I finally posted up the log for the latest session (#7) in our campaign. Had to locate the art I wanted to use for the posting which took longer than normal since it has been a bit since I have looked through it with our hiatus. Next session (#8) will be coming up this weekend as well, so we will get to see how the group handles the fallout of last session.

It has been awhile since I have participated in an all day session myself, too many members in my troupe have kids to attend to for that to be a thing for us really. I would love to do one again though, they are such a blast. Also look forward to your upcoming campaign twigs, that sounds nifty.

-Red
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Alex, you should try and arrange it. It's great fun. Some of our players have families as well. But we can usually arrange one day a year that doesn't ruin marriages and isn't disrupted by slavering blight wolves!

twigs

Inner Council Member

• Unknown
    I'll have to see what I can do, I think at least a couple of my players would take the bait on that.

-Red
  • NikMak
    NikMak
    ditto on the 'one day a year' all day session - I manage to get one most years; last one I used to play test a new system (Chubos Marvelous wish granting engine as it happens) - well worth the effort of negotiating the time for... you may want to add in a few days at games conference while your at the familial negotiation table as well ;)
  • Unknown
    Oh man, it has been a few years since I have gotten to a conference, that would be a blast for sure.

-Red
  • Unknown
    edited July 2015
    Been kicking up a lot more info on to the page, some of which could potentially be of interest to folks who actually play or run the game (such as my modified items, which I now have a good chunk up with a lot more coming). Also been finding areas with uncreated links and getting those whipped up. A bunch of behind the scenes stuff too, which will likely be rolled out in the next session this weekend.

I also noticed today that the campaign has over 300 pages on it (though not all public). It has come a long way since the day I signed up to make it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Unknown
    As an aside, I have updated the web address for the campaign to make it a little more condensed. I have updated a number of my posts on the forum so my signature link generally should point to the correct place (certainly does in all posts in this thread). Of course, you can use my sig in this post too.

--
    Alex
  • NikMak
    NikMak
    thats a very well made site Alex, well done (as usual!)
  • Unknown
    Thanks very much, I do what I can!
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Wow, big improvements!! Looking great!!

Just trying to help out.

• Unknown
    Thanks very much, you have one of the craziest sites out there!

I have found working on the site is always an interesting task since I am trying to make it super useful at the table without infringing on copyright by including too much information publicly (mainly regarding mechanics, since lore wise all the details I have up are readily available on any number of sites). I post about the site on the official Green Ronin forums though, so I figure they can get at me easily if I ever over step that boundary. It probably helps that I have run a lot of HR into just about everything, but still need to make sure the general public needs to buy the books and not just use my page to play the game.

I will be releasing, once the campaign eventually concludes, all of the custom content I have whipped together for the game though. Various generic NPCs, minor NPCs, major NPCs, creatures, etc. There is a swath of things I have done to make additional content for the system, I have a terrible habit of that.
  • Unknown
    Posted a review of Obsidian Portal as my latest GM Commentary post, it is a bit long but that is because I attempted to be fairly comprehensive in my review. You can find the post itself "here":https://da-requiem.obsidianportal.com/posts/obsidian-portal-review for ease of access if interested.
  • NikMak
    NikMak
    very nice :) i think i will post a link to it for our club FB page as well. i have been suggested a few times to our games club that we buy a membership; but to a lack luster responses so far :)
    Post edited by NikMak on
  • Unknown
    Thanks Nik, I hope it can prove insightful for folks out there.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Left a comment- but really hope you send it to them and they use some of it.

Just trying to help out.

• Unknown
    I can do that, for sure.
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Great review, Alex.
    I have been with Obsidian Portal almost six years now and it has changed my gaming life.

twigs

Inner Council Member