Obsidian Portal Launch Feedback

Comments

• DreadGazebo
    DreadGazebo
    Skid,

That's cool by me, you guys can call me DreadGazebo or Jerry, whichever you prefer. One of these days maybe I'll change my user name. lol
  • NikMak
    NikMak
    thanks again for the feed back, its great to hear.

fyi I am going to call you the Dread Jerry from now on.

Also thanks for the 'corporate mooks' line - i misread that as 'corporate monks' and have a brand new campaign forming in my head! :)
  • DreadGazebo
    DreadGazebo
    That's what I'm here for ;)
  • PhoenixMark
    PhoenixMark
    Thanks. I am hanging in with y'all. Just starting a new campaign, and my fear about our future has significantly eased.

~Mark
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Hi All

I am cool with whatever. The site works as it is and I am very grateful for it. Continuation is the main thing, with any improvements being a blessing. I wholeheartedly support the new tendency towards better communication, and as long as that continues, I can probably put up with anything.

Keep it up!

twigs
    Post edited by twiggyleaf on

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• FrankSirmarco
    FrankSirmarco
    I'm intrigued to know why my comments were deleted from the blog post. That's disheartening.
  • DreadGazebo
    DreadGazebo
    @Frank, You've never posted on the blog before so the comment doesn't automatically go up. I haven't hit the queue yet today so it still needs approval (along with a few others). We're not censoring anyone here.

Edit: Your comment is now up there, just went through my queue.
    Post edited by DreadGazebo on
  • schwing
    schwing
    Hey everyone, my name’s Adam and I’m the new senior developer of OP! I just wanted to pop in to say hi and answer any questions you have.

To address, who/what Kaleidoscope is: Kaleidoscope is a parent company of a number of self standing companies. OP is still it’s own company with it’s own dedicated resources(including the badass we call Jerry).

Also, please disregard the piss poor excuse for a website that is the Kaleidoscope Global site at the moment, that’s still under construction but I can totally post it when they get it completed just to give you a bit more info on what’s going on behind the scenes.

In reality, OP is run by all of you, not us. Our main job now is to get all of the promised features implemented and keep the machine running smoothly for you all. Luckily we have a great, very capable, team including Travis and Jerry as well as access to Micah.

I’ll be staying in touch here so feel free to ask any questions or just shoot me a PM!
  • Savannah
    Savannah
    Don't change your name! DreadGazebo is the best name ever.
  • bluesguy
    bluesguy
    DreadGazebo & Frank thank you for all the information and updates.
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Great news Adam

That's the kind of forthrightness that had been missing for so long but that we had all been craving. Adam, Jerry, Travis - keep up the good work!

I trust you to do the best that you can for this site that we all love so much.

twiggyleaf

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• Bortas
    Bortas
    Awesome news, Adam, thanks for the updates!

-bort
    "Morwindl":https://morwindl.obsidianportal.com/
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Jerry and Adam- This is exactly what I was hoping for! The fact that you all have some autonomy to run with this is great!!
    Really looking forward to the continued growth of OP!

Just trying to help out.

• Keryth987
    Keryth987
    Good to see some response finally. I reserve my enthusiasm until I see what all comes of it.

Keelah Se'lai,
    Keryth
    "Shadows Over New York":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/shadows-over-new-york
    "2013 Campaign of The Year":http://blog.obsidianportal.com/2013-coty-shadows-over-new-york/

• Belrathius
    Belrathius
    I'm with Keryth. While there are definitely positive signs, I will wait to get excited until it becomes more obvious what the impacts of the change are to the customers. I have been on both sides of similar acquisitions (employee and customer), and from experience there is great potential for this to go either way - really good or really bad. While I hold out hope, I am enough of a realist to reserve final judgement pending tangible evidence.
  • DreadGazebo
    DreadGazebo
    Hey guys, quick update today. I'll be working with the Kaleidoscope team to work on some things this week like seeing if we can get a tangible timeline for stretch goals and a few other things I want to get moving on. Just poking my head in to say hey.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Awesome! Thanks for the update Jerry! Really appreciated!

Just trying to help out.

• Maesenko
    Maesenko
    While you're poking your head in, any updates on the blog/podcast? Those CotMs are a few behind now, as well.

Looking forward to seeing the timeline.

_~Mae_

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• DreadGazebo
    DreadGazebo
    Mae,

Currently I'm debating playing catchup, or trying to find a better venue/system for highlighting great campaigns. As long as I'm shaking things up with all of these changes I'm trying to revisit a lot of "well we've always done it this way" aspects of OP and seeing if there are ways we can do them better, and with more direct interaction rather than just an email-based interview.

As for the podcast, I just had Rob on, but the release schedule is still going to be a little spotty until a get my new co-host lined up and all set up and a regular schedule worked out. I'm sure you guys don't want 15-30 minutes of me just talking to myself. No one wants that.
    Post edited by DreadGazebo on
  • SSveter
    SSveter
    Are we ever going to add the PDF option or make building a dynamic character sheet easier. My players would probably use this site more.
  • DreadGazebo
    DreadGazebo
    SSveter, what do you mean by "PDF option"? I'm not sure that making a dynamic character sheet is going to get easier anytime soon, a template might be able to be provided down the road but it's always going to take some coding knowledge to make one work.
  • SSveter
    SSveter
    The ability to upload and display a pdf on the character details page. Maybe in place of the dynamic character sheet spot.

Also I have HTML and CSS for a character sheet, I use it in roll20.
  • saethone
    saethone
    SSveter, you could always just convert your PDFs to jpgs and upload those to the character details. Its an extra step, but if you want that layout its not very difficult. Or do you want the pdfs to be editable online? Im not sure sure that's doable.
  • SSveter
    SSveter
    The intent would be to make them editable.

but like I was saying I have HTML and CSS for a CP2020 sheet. I just don't have the luxury learning how to do a dynamic sheet.
  • Unknown
    I hope people realize the PDF support is already here - I use it on my campaign page actually "here":https://dragon-age-requiem.obsidianportal.com/wikis/mechanics (The Quick Start PDF for DA is loaded up on the page). If I recall, as I only did it the one time so far, you do it through the Media attachment and just add a link to a PDF online. Hope that helps some folks.
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Alex, when you do that, there's a nice scrollable box you can view the pdf through on your page.

When I do it...all I get is a static image of one of the pages (first one).

There must be a step I'm missing.
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Hmmm...you might be using the viewer link, while I was using the sharing link. Let me test.
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Nope...no matter what link I use, I don't get the scrolling box or the "pop out" button in the top right.

Baffling...
  • Unknown
    Which of your pages are you trying it out on, maybe I can take a look and try to see what the issue is.
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Thanks, I'm headed to bed, but I set up an example page for you to look at.

"Example Page":https://unconquered-kingdoms.obsidianportal.com/wikis/pdf-linking-test-page
This discussion has been closed.

March 2024
Wrath of the Highborn

Read the feature post on the blog
Return to Obsidian Portal

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Discussions