Disappearing campaign navigation area?

Savannah
Savannah
edited March 2015 in Campaign Portal Building
I've been away for a year or so, so I'm not sure if this is new behavior or existing behavior that I just don't remember. I've noticed that when I have a smaller screen (phone, non-maximized browser window that's too narrow) the right sidebar jumps to below the main content area, but the left campaign navigation area disappears entirely (or at least I can't find it anywhere). This is the case also with my test campaign that has no custom CSS at the moment, so I don't think it's something I did.

Personally, I find the campaign navigation area much more helpful than the right sidebar. Does anyone know any of: 1) where it disappears to so I can keep using it? 2) how to manually force it to jump to the bottom rather than disappearing? 3) an alternate way to switch to different areas when it's gone? Thanks.

Comments

• Unknown
    That is normal behavior on mobile since a side menu would cut the content area down too much. The menu is in the top bar on the site on mobile, you just tap the top bar and it opens a menu and search.
  • Savannah
    Savannah
    Yes, the top bar still has the same things as in the normal view, but it doesn't have the links I'm looking for (dashboard, front page, forum, calendar, adventure log, etc). I can search, but searching for "calendar" doesn't give me a link to the calendar page.
  • Bortas
    Bortas
    Savannah: once you click on the three little bars, do you not have a row of clickable/tapable icons?

!https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/67984/assets/441624/menuhelp.jpg!

-bort

"Morwindl":https://morwindl.obsidianportal.com
  • Unknown
    Yep, Bort's pic shows exactly what I was getting at - all of what you need is in the top bar on mobile. The icons at the bottom correspond to the icons on the normal side menu and link to the same areas. In the pic that Bort posted the licks are as follows (from left to right):

Dashboard, Front Page, Forum, Calendar, Adventure Logs, Wiki, Characters, Items, Maps, Settings

So, nothing is missing at all. If you are not logged in while viewing the page then the Dashboard, Forum, Calendar, and Settings will not appear (and Settings only appear if you are listed as a GM on the game - not available for Co-GM or Players).
  • Savannah
    Savannah
    Huh. I do, but they're invisible/match the background color. Probably an issue with my custom styling. Thanks for pointing them out!

Edit: Yep, I took 'em out by mistake ages ago. Mystery solved.
    Post edited by Savannah on
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Welcome back Savannah- you have been missed....

Just trying to help out.

• Savannah
    Savannah
    Hey, killervp, good to see you again. I don't know if I'll be around much nowadays, but I promise I'm not dead or anything :P