OLD Campaigns

Blackfoot
Blackfoot
edited October 2014 in General Discussion
Is it just me or does it seem like most of the campaigns that exist on OP have gone several years with no activity?
I took a look at my local area map and there are no campaigns that I could find that have any activity within the last few years. It might be a good idea to add a feature that somehow highlighted active campaigns and downplayed the 'dead'/inactive ones. There seems to have been some sort of reload on a particular date: 04/24/2014 so that shows as the date 'Last Updated' but actual activity in terms of posting or whatever is pretty much no-existent for all of them.

Comments

• NikMak
    NikMak
    the most recent topic to look at this was here :- http://forums.obsidianportal.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=3804&page=1#Item_6

the short version is admin are aware of the issue but it is "...low priority issue..." for them

you can add your name to the help most closely related ticket if you like : -http://help.obsidianportal.com/discussions/problems/12375-search-for-a-campaign-functionality-post-reforge
  • MachineGunHarry
    MachineGunHarry
    Dead? Inactive? Ouch that just sounds painful...lets call them "Archived". And I think this is a GREAT idea! A lot better than a previous thread wanting to just delete them. They need a senior-citizens' center for those great campaigns. A true place where they can be honored and remembered...but not over-shadow any up and coming campaigns. I quadruple SECOND this!
  • MachineGunHarry
    MachineGunHarry
    Actually, it should be bumped up on priority, as new membership is essential for growth and longevity of the site and community. When new members don't get recognized they are less likely to participate. Severely reducing their conversion rate.
  • Blackfoot
    Blackfoot
    I have to agree with you there MachineGunHarry, when I look at what's going on with the site and only find games that are 3+ years old with no activity.. I start to wonder if this is still an active site at all. Very important if the site admins wants to keep the site going and growing. That map could be a great tool if it had some sort of filters placed on it. I DO actually get the impression that there aren't many/any local games running that use this site. I'm in a pretty urban area (NYC Suburbs) so that seems pretty surprising.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    There used to be much better search functionality pre-Kickstarter/Reforge.

Just trying to help out.

• reolstan
    reolstan
    Agree++++++.

A few months ago, I tried to look for campaigns in my area and it was a frustrating mess. 90% of the ones that appeared had the 04/24/2014 date, but inevitably looked like they had no activity for years. After my initial issues, I left and found other means of putting together a group - then came back to use the site to run the campaign.

for established groups, its a great tool.
    for individuals looking to find groups and games, not so much.