Wiki Edit Buttons

TheShaggyDM
TheShaggyDM
edited October 2008 in Feature Requests

Comments

• TheShaggyDM
    TheShaggyDM
    Having the Edit buttons on the bottom of the wiki pages is a pain. Would it be possible (and desirable to other users) to have them at the top by the entry title, like they are for all of the other areas? I rather dislike having to scroll all the way to the bottom of a wiki entry to make a small edit, especially if that edit also requires scrolling all the way through the page.
  • IceBob
    IceBob
    I'll second that one.
  • redstar
    redstar
    Agreed. Long entries = no fun to find the edit button.
  • RobJustice
    RobJustice
    I totally agree. They used to be up at the top (same with the Delete option) and I miss it.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    I wasn't going to say anything, but now that others have, I'll echo it. *If* it's possible. I definitely prefer the obvious "edit this page" buttons to the little pencil/paper icons, 'cause it makes it easier for me to explain things to other people.
  • redstar
    redstar
    I don't mind the size of the icon, I just would prefer it was in a different location. :)
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Oh, for me, size wasn't an issue (how often do you hear girls say THAT? ;) - it was just an issue of how blindlingly obvious it was what the button did. Pencil/paper is cute, but "edit this page" is obvious, and some of my peeps need obvious. =)
  • Micah
    Micah
    Sorry for slow reply. Been busy...

I've got an idea: What if the green bar that shows at the top and says "your page has been edited" (it's called the flash) had an edit link in it? Initially, you scroll to the bottom and click edit. Then, each time you save, there's a link right there to re-edit.

It's not perfect, I'll admit, but we're trying to find a balance between clutter on the interface (ie. buttons and links everywhere) and making it too hard to find stuff.
  • IceBob
    IceBob
    I like that idea. Personally, about 70% of the edits I make are to pages I _just_ edited, so that's pretty close to perfect.
  • redstar
    redstar
    Just noticed the feature was added: my scrolling finger is so please with it!
  • Lialos
    Lialos
    What's wrong with an edit page button at the top and bottom of the page that both do exactly the same thing? Like IceBob, I often re-edit the same page, checking to ensure my formatting worked correctly and such, but there are also times when I am moving through a bunch of pages, some of which are kinda long.