Featured campaign updates?

Jennifer
Jennifer
edited September 2007 in General Discussion

Comments

• Jennifer
    Jennifer
    I wasn't sure where to put this question, but here goes: are you going to update the featured campaign/featured character spots on the main page? If you're too busy that's understandable, I was just wondering.

I ask, of course, because I want my campaign to be featured eventually. You could always farm it out to the members somehow . . . can you do polls in this forum? Maybe have a weekly (or monthly) poll on the featured campaign? Or just have a thread on it?

Or, even better, have people submit "Featured campaign" blurbs, that way you don't have to write them yourself or do any research, you can just run down the list in a 'first come, first served' fashion.
  • Micah
    Micah
    Yeah, I've been meaning to update the featured campaign. It was supposed to be weekly, but real life and the other needs of the site have been eating up my time.

I would definitely like to feature your campaign, but the fact that the majority of the writing is hosted on another blog is a little problematic for me. Still, you are using all the other features of the site and the writing is quite good. So, I guess from that perspective, you've earned a place in the spotlight. If I get a chance this weekend, I'll write up a blurb on your campaign and switch it into the featured spot.

I don't think the forum supports polls, nor would it really work for this. The star rating system is good for that sort of stuff, but for this one, it's basically something I (or a designated admin) will have to do.

Also, thanks for asking about this. I wasn't sure anyone even paid attention to the featured campaigns, and that's part of the reason that it didn't get much attention.
  • photoneater
    photoneater
    Even though this topic is pretty old, I just wanted to come in and make a little update- as the new community champion (dun-dun-dun!), I'm the one doing featured campaigns now. I intend to do a new featured campaign about every two weeks, and possibly up to every week if demand increases.

Just as a general FYI, my criteria for what deserves a feature isn't set in stone- sometimes, I'll pick a campaign because the writing is really good, sometimes I'll pick it because they've really come up with a kick-ass campaign page, and sometimes it will be just because I just plain liked the damn game I happened to pick. In general, if a person routinely updates their page and spends a little time on it, it should eventually be featured.

Furthermore, I want to try and promote some sense of community by encouraging everyone to give feedback on a featured campaign. Right now, that basically just means trying to start conversation on it in the forums, but eventually I think it would be really neat to have a comment option just for the features on the front page.
  • Figment
    Figment
    bq. Furthermore, I want to try and promote some sense of community by encouraging everyone to give feedback on a featured campaign. Right now, that basically just means trying to start conversation on it in the forums, but eventually I think it would be really neat to have a comment option just for the features on the front page.

Has there been any work on getting comments working for the front page?
    Post edited by Figment on
  • TheImpossibleMan
    TheImpossibleMan
    I too am interested in having my campaign featured on the front page. I'm sure there are some things that would need to be adjusted for our story to be featured - any pointers or guidelines would be great.