New Reforge Issue Tracking List

Comments

• BearerOfTidings
    BearerOfTidings
    Thanks, madartiste, I see Dawnhawk's comments now.

Crimsonknave, that was how the old OP worked as well. You could either create/edit the page or upload an image but you couldn't do both at the same time. Looks like it hasn't changed in the Reforge.
  • crimsonknave
    crimsonknave
    Yes and No, as I recall, it didn't even have a spot for you to upload. Whereas now it has one and appears to do add it to the character, but doesn't work on create.
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    I can't seem to edit all the forum posts. About a third of the time the edit box is not available.

Some are my posts and some are not. I can't figure out any pattern.
  • adventuresineberron
    adventuresineberron
    Maps can now be deleted! Huzzah!
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Awesome! That is huge! 6 maps to delete, 2 to upload for me!
    killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":https://a-god-rebuilt.obsidianportal.com
    "OP's COTM April 2012":http://blog.obsidianportal.com/a-god-rebuilt-aprils-cotm/
    Here to help anyone- Send me a PM

Just trying to help out.

• SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Anyone else finding editing forum posts to be hit or miss?
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    So, Belrathius, any update to this? This is still the most complete listing of issues, and would hate for it to get lost....

Just trying to help out.

• SkidAce
    SkidAce
    So now I can't edit my posts, or the posts of the other players. Except one.

That's correct, out of 1 GM and 5 players, the only forum posts I can edit are of one individual.

There's something wonky going on with permissions. I could edit my post immediately after making it. But a day later and I can't.

I need to be able to edit anything I post. And preferably anything they post.
  • DreadGazebo
    DreadGazebo
    @Skidace, we're looking into this. I've also passed this entire amazing forum thread on to the devs to take a look at the comprehensiveness Belrathius has given us here.

You are all amazing people, Belrathius thank you so much for this series of posts. I'll be in with updates in my reserved slot in the coming week or so. We've recently been doing some behind the scenes work at OP and I'll be spending a lot more time on the forums with you guys in the near future. I'm pretty excited about it. Keep the comprehensive stuff coming everyone, you're awesome.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Awesome news DreadGazebo! Good to see you back on the forums Jerry, and you lived through the slings and arrows.

Just trying to help out.

• SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Thank you for the feedback, its the main reason we try to bring up and clarify issues.

Feels like we are helping...IMHO of course.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Concerned from Jess' recent post that bug report tickets are the only way things are being resolved- Could we get a confirmation that the issues listed here are being addressed?

Just trying to help out.

• Beaumains
    Beaumains
    *Re: Typed date entry for Adventure Logs*

Issue: By changing the date entry for logs into a calendar view only, this adds undue significant difficulty for any campaign where the campaign is not modern day and the adventure logs use the campaign date (futuristic, medieval, what-have you).
    Work-around: You can still alter the date/time of a post both at creation and in editing; but you have to do it the slow way: advancing/receding month-by-month using the arrows to the sides of the calendar when you click on the field. Otherwise it works just the same as it used to.

Hope this helps!
    -Beaumains
  • Maesenko
    Maesenko
    Hey, any chance we could get an update on this list?

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    I reached out to Belrathius, who said he has quit updating this due to lack of response from the dev team- just fyi

Just trying to help out.

• WolfLord
    WolfLord
    Im about to renew my ascendant membership, but i want to stress how disappointed i am in one thing. I love the reforge it looks great, but i am very bothered by the fact that i cannot change how i view campaigns (like by favorites as it used to be) and i really hope this feature comes back. Looking at those awesome campaigns is what made me get into this site as a tool to use, it made me want my campaign to look awesome, and it made me care enough to pay for this site.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Thanks Tolsimir, for sharing your thoughts. I have asked Tolsimir to join the help ticket on that subject. I still hope for one of the developers, or at the least the very active CSR, Travis19, to hit this forum topic. It is, still, by far, the most comprehensive listing of concerns, as acknowledged by DreadGazebo, aka Jerry.

Just trying to help out.

• Calion
    Calion
    Hmph. I wish that there was some free group-editable system for bug reporting. There's wikis, of course, but that's kind of sloppy. I've looked into UserVoice, and it's pretty good--there's even a free option. But only one administrator is allowed in the free version, so I'd be committing to managing it myself, which is not what I'd want. It shouldn't have to be Belrathius' job to manage this by himself.
  • jrodman
    jrodman
    Maps seem to have incorrect aspect ratio. :-(
  • Basileus
    Basileus
    @jrodman: Maps get converted to a square aspect ratio, so if you don't want yours to get deformed when you upload it, use an image editing program to make it square (add blank space at the edges). For best possible results, use or convert your map to 4096x4096 pixels before uploading.
    Post edited by Basileus on
  • jrodman
    jrodman
    @Basileus: That's not what aspect ratio means.

Aspect ratio refers to the way pixels (or other image elements) are projected into physical space. In other words, you could have a set of pixels which are assumed to be square and are given equal width and height, or you could have a larger width and a smaller height providing rectangular pixels. When using an overhead projector or similar you could cause the image to have a different shape. Common early computer hardware had different aspect ratios at different resolution with analog projection by electron guns.

A square aspect ratio is in fact the aspect ratio that is typically used in all modern computer images (at least raster ones). When I upload an image to obsidian portal it should be assumed to be in a square aspect ratio and then when the image is returned it should be in a square aspect ratio. What happens is the mapping tool deforms the image, changing the aspect ratio so that the total image has a square shape.

Asking the user to know this, and manually alter the image to have a square total size prior to upload is quite silly. This is easy accomplished server side on submit without damaging the images.
  • Basileus
    Basileus
    LOL, I'm well aware of what aspect ratio is, thank you, so I'm not going to argue about that. Just letting you know how you can get your maps to upload without distortion. The problem with non-square maps getting distorted is well known and has come up for many users.
    Post edited by Basileus on
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    So, since the person who reads this that has connections to the people who might fix it, (hi Alex_Redeye) I figured this should get revived, as it was the best list of all the issues not fixed at the Reforge.
    The sad thing is, despite the age of the post, many are still not repaired.

Just trying to help out.

• Belrathius
    Belrathius
    And I apologize for bailing in frustration, but it didn't seem prudent to continue working as hard as I was to maintain when there was no value or progress coming from it. I do recognize, however, that I unintentionally made a commitment to the community, not just the devs, and failed in keeping my commitment. For that I am truly sorry. I am more than happy to continue compiling if it will help the dev team achieve the goals. I would, however, expect a degree of reasonable progress. Alex, please let me know how you would like me to continue in this thread.
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    No apologies needed Belrathius. Thank you.
  • Unknown
    Yea Belrathius, certainly no apologies needed here - this is amazing to say the least. If you want to continue with compilation in here I have no qualms with that as this is a really nice centralized listing of things that need attention.

killervp - thanks so much for pushing this up to the front page to put on my radar. Give me a chance to disseminate everything in here and get it compiled off for development.

This is just amazing stuff, really!
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Nice to hear- trying to help.

Just trying to help out.

• Unknown
    I certainly appreciate it, but I knew coming in that this community would be forthright and upfront about things. Just a matter of getting it all worked into a battle plan when there are bits of the reforge not done, stretch goals not done, bugs ranging in severity and duration of being open, tons of good suggestions that have been building up (some potentially negating the need for other things if they are done). It is a lot to get in order and get running smoothly, but I am getting it there.
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Organizing and prioritizing is a good step, how do you feel about the capacity/time for the programmers to accomplsih items? i.e. what kind of feedback are you receiving in reference to the mountain of concerns?