BASIC D&D Campaign (Play-by-Post) - Looking for PLAYERS

Teak_Dhara
Teak_Dhara
edited October 2013 in Player Lounge
Remember back in the 1980s when D&D was about entering difficult dungeons that were often outrageously designed, mapping yourself, encountering deadly traps, and, instead of talking with NPCs, you killed everything in the dungeon.

Your character was an adventurer because, well, you didn't need a fancy backstory; it was just accepted.

Dungeons were dangerous places -- characters died on save vs. poison or vs. stone or vs. death ray.

Characters stayed dead and you had to reroll and start over.

The rulebook was a small red book and contained “skeleton” rules and the rest was decided by the Dungeon Master.

There were no skills, feats or specializations.

Unless you were human, your class was your race.

You actually had to explain how you were trying to look for traps and secret doors instead of simply relying on dice rolls.

Yes, original Basic D&D roleplaying (not the ROLL-PLAYING of today's RPG) [NOTE: Full disclosure, I am also a DM on Obsidianportal for Pathfinder, Traveller, Savage Worlds and Aces and Eights, so I don't hate new RPGs).

In Search of the Unknown is a D&D Basic Campaign by Montana.

You won’t find fancy back-stories or kingdom politics in this campaign (if you like that, try my Pathfinder or Traveller Campaigns on this site).

What you will find is dungeons with traps, dangerous monsters, dragons, lots of saving throws and death.

If you want to re-live a simpler time of roleplaying games, come In Search of the Unknown (and send me a message for an invite).

This is a PLAY-BY-POST Campaign.

Comments

• VonAlric
    VonAlric
    I would be interested in joining such a campaign. I have introduced two of my three to D&D Basic over the summer and we are trying to get all schedules in order so we can have a regular time to play. Always good to teach your kids how to keep using their imagination past the age of 7....
  • Teak_Dhara
    Teak_Dhara
    VonAlric,

Are you still interested? I am recruiting now for a start in the coming weeks.

Montana
  • Teak_Dhara
    Teak_Dhara
    That's great Tausas -- did you want to join my D&D Basic Campaign (you mentioned Savage Worlds and I have campaigns for those systems as well).

Basically, my campaigns are as follows:
    --Traveller (playing now)
    --Pathfinder (playing now)
    --D&D Basic (forming now)
    --Savage Worlds Deadlands (playing now)
    --Savage Worlds Pirates (forming now)
    --Western (Go Fer Yer Guns system) - (forming now)
  • VonAlric
    VonAlric
    Sounds good. I'll be getting in touch with you.
  • Teak_Dhara
    Teak_Dhara
    We are looking for two to three more players for a BASIC D&D game. Please let me know if you are interested.
  • Keybladeriku
    Keybladeriku
    I would like to join this campaign, please. I am new to Obsidian Portal and I think this would be a good place to start.
  • BaronSaarthuran
    BaronSaarthuran
    I would like to join this game, if there's room. If like to be a magic user or an elf.
  • BaronSaarthuran
    BaronSaarthuran
    Level 1 Chaotic Magic-user
    STR: 13
    INT: 17
    WIS: 11
    DEX: 13
    CON: 8
    CHA: 16

HP: 3
    AC: 8
    GP: 111

Languages: Common, Chaotic, Elvish, Lizard Man

Spells: Protection from Evil

Dagger
    Mirror (hand-sized, steel)
    Rope (50' length)

Save vs. Death Ray or Poison: 13
    Save vs. Magic Wands: 14
    Save vs. Paralysis or Turn to Stone: 13
    Save vs. Dragon Breath: 16
    Save vs. Rods, Staves, or Spells: 15
  • scott_matwiy
    scott_matwiy
    m very interested in playing
  • Teak_Dhara
    Teak_Dhara
    Baron and Scott-- sending you invites tonight-- we have two players and with the two of you that brings us to the perfect number of 4. The game has not started, we are still rolling up characters and I am posting maps next week with a little backstory so you are right on time.

Montana
  • Teak_Dhara
    Teak_Dhara
    We have one open spot for the D&D Basic campaign *play-by-post*
  • Teak_Dhara
    Teak_Dhara
    Anyone interested in joining a D&D Basic PbP campaign?