Obsidian Portal Launch Feedback

Comments

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Given up using forums right now- sorry Plot Club, but until this gets fixed I am not participating.

Just trying to help out.

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Officially been 3 weeks since someone that actually works for Obsidian Portal stated that there would be more regular updates..... Maybe we will hear from on High before the New Year.
    Been very supportive until now- but it is now 5 days short of 2 months since the Reforge was rolled out- 58 days, and all we have heard are maybes, that is a good idea, and be positive. Well, I just want the list of what is going to be fixed, and what will not. A timeline would be nice, but I could just live with what is going to be addressed and what won't.....
    Sorry, but now you all have to put me in the Anti-Reforge group- at least until you tell me what is going on!!!!!

Just trying to help out.

• Leonidas300
    Leonidas300
    If turning killervp sour on things isn't a glaring clue that you people need to start actually communicating things; I don't know what is. I am not a fan of the Reforge at all... and could righteously be accused of allowing my frustration with things to show through in many posts but a great deal of the frustration (after the initial shock and anger of the first couple weeks wore off) is that NOTHING is being communicated. For instance I spent 4 hours trying to fix my master campaign map, only to find out in another thread after the fact, that the resizing of the Reforge is not reversible and I will have to re-upload a new map using the new size parameters, then recreate all of the markers and links. I looked and could not find a single admin post that outlined this. The map is just the cherry on the feces sundae of un- addressed problems and poorly communicated changes that affect thousands of users since the implementation of the Reforge.

I'm sorry if this comes off as being a jerk but You the developers OWE your supporters better than this, You asked for our support for the Kickstarter and we gave it, we are asking that YOU communicate and keep us in the loop as to what is going on.

"Leonidas300":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/metzger/wikis/leonidas300
    "A Manifestation of Chaos":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/metzger/wikis/main-page
    COTM - Sept. 2012
    Post edited by Leonidas300 on
  • Leonidas300
    Leonidas300
    I put in this "Customer Service Suggestion":http://help.obsidianportal.com/discussions/suggestions/906-customer-service last night anyone who would like to add their voice to it, please feel free to do so.
    Post edited by Leonidas300 on
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    I am also disturbed by the lack of communication, when originally I was forgiving, patient, and hopefully able to provide positive feedback.

But without reciprocal feedback...it feels pointless.
  • Leonidas300
    Leonidas300
    @ saethone,

I don't think there is a way to do it from the dashboard. The Dashboard seems to default to the last two topics/posts as well as the last two adventure log teasers.

Someone whose CSS-Fu is mightier may have a way but insofar as simple and easy way I don't think there is one.
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    I have added my voice to your ticket, Leo!

twigs

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• ethomas340
    Heck, I'd just be happy that my $40 that was charged to my account on November 5th would actually elevate my account to the Ascendant level.
  • Basileus
    Basileus
    @ethomas340: Your account shows up as Ascendant. Are you not getting access to advanced features?
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    I just state that I am here. Watching. Listening. Hoping (perhaps even AGAINST hope) but HERE!, making my presence felt. No more for now.... I am listening with the ears of those who hear nothing until the SOUND of communication tickles the ear with information......

twigs

Inner Council Member

• Basileus
    Basileus
    twiggyleaf, that was phrased abstractly enough that I feel like it needs to be put in haiku form...

I watch and listen
    The silence is deafening
    Lone ears, untickled

I was thinking of "I hope for tickling" for the last line, but that sounded too much like it was being said while waggling my eyebrows and leering.
    Post edited by Basileus on
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    There is a brief reply on Leonidas300's "ticket":http://help.obsidianportal.com/discussions/suggestions/906-customer-service

Just trying to help out.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    @Basileus

LOL! "...Lone ears, untickled." is probably a WISER choice!

twigs

Inner Council Member

• Teak_Dhara
    Teak_Dhara
    I don't know if anyone else has this issue, but when I log in via Internet Explorer, I can access 5 of my 6 campaigns however, one of the campaigns thinks I am not logged into obsidianportal.com. I can access all of the campaigns through firefox or Google Chrome. I don't understand why one campaign doesn't work.

Also, there is every going to be the "edit" button added to adventure post comments? How about the ability to insert images into Adventure Log comments? Those are very important features that I have been asking for since WAY before the stupid reforge.

As for alternatives to this site (which I am still looking for), does anyone know about realmworks campaign management product that is coming out in 2014? The features look amazing but I can't tell if it will support play by post.

Montana
  • Basileus
    Basileus
    As far as I know, Realmworks is an application that runs on your computer, not a web-based product. So it will "support" Play by Post as far as it is designed to, but it isn't going to host anything online for you (so you'd still need some online medium for actual gameplay).
    Post edited by Basileus on
  • Wildhunt78
    Wildhunt78
    @Montana @Basileus I have Realmworks as I was a KS backer but have had not much time to play with it as it is quite daunting due to its complexity.

But, I think that it is designed to be used as a bit of a campaign page for your players. It will not be as graphic based as Obsidian Portal but the Cloud storage is a big feature they are pushing and you can choose which content players can see. They don't need to own the program (as far as I can remember) but you can invite them to the page to see the maps, npcs, places and other content you allow them to.

I will look into my program more and will give a more updated and fact based answer when I can. Unfortunately I am at work now.
    Post edited by Wildhunt78 on
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Forum Notifications STILL NOT WORKING it seems.......

(i.e. Private Site Forums - Ascendant Only feature - not THIS Forum)

P.S: Does anyone know if a ticket has been started for this. It is such a major issue concerning an ASCENDANT feature that I thought it would have been quickly addressed. (I should say that this issue seemed to have started well AFTER the reforge. I was using my forums effectively for quite a while before I noticed that at sometime afterwards email notifications were not being generated).

twigs
    Post edited by twiggyleaf on

Inner Council Member

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Is "this":http://help.obsidianportal.com/discussions/problems/11569-old-forumsub-forum-posts-not-accessible what you are looking for Twiggy?
    Or is it more like "this":http://help.obsidianportal.com/discussions/questions/1135-deletingediting-posts-on-campaign-forum

Just trying to help out.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Thanks KVP

It is actually NEITHER of those issues.

It is more as Leonidas300 describes on 22 December after I first queried this issue on the 20th.
    (and also the reason why THE NEW PLOT CLUB cannot function properly either - nobody gets any notifications)

twigs
    Post edited by twiggyleaf on

Inner Council Member

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS FROM CAMPAIGN FORUMS WORKING AGAIN.

This function seems to be working once again, so thanks to those responsible for getting it fixed.

twigs

Inner Council Member

• ruleslawyermark
    ruleslawyermark
    Am i missing something, or are you no longer to easily custom date your adventure log entries? For one of our campaigns I write them as the journal of my character, so they get dated x/y/1890. Now it seems I have to toggle back over a hundred years a month at a time.
    If this is gone, I officially request this fix.
    Is this something I should create a ticket for?.
  • Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki
    I'll be forced to move, even though I don't really want to, if the white text on grey edit screen doesn't go away. Can't implement the simple fixes I need without getting a migraine.

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!

• Leonidas300
    Leonidas300
    @ Loki'

The code here should make almost all of your pages black text on white background.

input[type=“text”], input[type=“email”], input[type=“password”], input[type=“tel”], textarea, textarea:focus, .campaign-settings #style-settings #custom-css-field {color:black !important;background-color:white !important;}

We can't let you leave until we see how Crisis on Infinite Oerths turns out
  • Leonidas300
    Leonidas300
    @ Ruleslawerymark

It does appear that there is no easy way to enter a date that is far in the past. I'd create a ticket.

I don't use earth dates as my campaign takes place on Oerth but I do a teaser banner for each log, that also includes the date. Then a link to an expanded wiki page for the whole log. This approach could work around the issue until the developers can bring back an easier way to date the adventure logs.

I am posting a link to mine so you can check it out and see if it might work for you.

"Adventure Log":https://metzger.obsidianportal.com/adventure-log

"Leonidas300":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/metzger/wikis/leonidas300
    "A Manifestation of Chaos":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/metzger/wikis/main-page
    COTM - Sept. 2012
  • schiann
    schiann
    @ruleslawyermark,

tortiekat found a workaround using your Web browser's debugging tools:
    http://forums.obsidianportal.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=3481&page=1

If you'd rather this feature be added back to the GUI, you can create a ticket, but be forewarned that the previous tickets opened about this issue have been unceremoniously closed without comment:
    http://help.obsidianportal.com/discussions/problems/10930-setting-an-adventure-log-date-time
    http://help.obsidianportal.com/discussions/suggestions/880-reinstate-ability-to-set-pastfuturecustom-adventure-log-dates

I'm now considering Obsidian Portal an unsupported legacy system, but I'll continue using it until the servers are taken offline.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Bringing comments back on the logs is a great help! Bringing comments on the campaigns themselves, while I wish it had been the old way (I have to edit 1000 pages now), is also a big help! Hats off to OP for that.

Just trying to help out.

• ruleslawyermark
    ruleslawyermark
    @schiann

Whoa that worked perfectly for chrome. Boo ya thanks so much, to you AND tortiekat!!!!

It's sometimes funny the little things that they seem bound and determined not to fix. Like the white on gray. I realize how much hard work goes into OP but after all this time? What seems to be THE #1 gripe is not fixed? I know the gray gets much darker when you begin to edit in a box but I'm sure there are still many having a difficult time with this.
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Manage favorites appears to be working now.

I appreciate the improvements, I just wish I didn't have to "discover" them.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Really SkidAce? Will have to check that out.
    I agree- would have been nice to know...

Just trying to help out.

• Praesi
    Praesi
    You guys should all get paid for extended beta-testing and finding and sharing all those improvements!
    And also for spreading word about the dev's fixes as no one else does!
This discussion has been closed.

March 2024
Wrath of the Highborn

Read the feature post on the blog
Return to Obsidian Portal

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Discussions