Changing Text Color

Donegal
Donegal
edited November 2013 in Campaign Portal Building
Does anyone know of an easy way to change all of the text color in the sidebars, stream, etc.?

Mine are all white I think because I have CSS code to change link colors and changing the main color in settings/style doesn't change anything.

I have stolen some code to change the nav bar text color but can't figure out how to apply it to the rest.

"Blackmire Marches":https://haven-hinterlands.obsidianportal.com/

Thanks,
Don

Comments

• madartiste
    madartiste
    Hmm... Looks like there might be a few things that you need to change, but let's start with @.campaign-public-layout #sidebar {
    color: white;
    }@

Change color:white to whatever color you want.
  • Donegal
    Donegal
    Looks like I now have everything good except the speech bubble icon and the word Stream.
  • madartiste
    madartiste
    Here you go: @.campaign-public-layout #sidebar .stream h2 {color: black !important;}@

Again, just change the color to whatever you want.

I often find whenever there's a piece of text refusing to change color, you need to look at what html tags might be added. Headers (ie h1, h2, h3 ect), paragraphs (p), and things like that sometimes have separate CSS written into the stylesheet that means you need to specifically target those things in order to override it.
    Post edited by madartiste on
  • Donegal
    Donegal
    Thanks again madartiste. I must be doing something wrong. When I 'inspect element' on that area of the page I don't see that code, (.stream h2) anywhere that I could figure that out for myself.
  • madartiste
    madartiste
    Sometimes it's hard to track down and might not specifically be that set of selectors. You occasionally have to wing it and just make it specific enough to override whatever's in the stylesheet. In this case .stream h2 targets all h2 elements in any element that has .stream as a class.