Changing background color

yanko128
yanko128
edited November 2013 in Campaign Portal Building
I am trying to either get rid of the white background in the center "text" column, or make it transparent, so you can see the page background. Please help!

Comments

• Savannah
    Savannah
    If you just want it to affect the wiki pages and front page, use:

bc. .post-section, .campaign-landing-page-container
    {
    background-color:transparent !important;
    }

If you want it site-wide, use:

bc. .post-section, .campaign-landing-page-container, .adventure-log-post, .post-date, .post-header-container, .character-list-item, .character-quick-search, #character-details, .map-placard
    {
    background-color:transparent !important;
    }
    .overflow-fade-out
    {
    display:none;
    }

That took out every white/light grey background I found, but if I missed one, let me know.
  • yanko128
    yanko128
    Ok, a little too good. Is there a way to get rid of the background only on the Main Page, but not any other wiki page?
    Post edited by yanko128 on
  • madartiste
    madartiste
    @.campaign-landing-page-container { background-color:transparent !important;
    }@

That should do it. The class for the landing page is .campaign-landing-page-container.
  • Donegal
    Donegal
    Is there a way to do this for all the pages except for the forums? The forum text is in a grey for some reason that doesn't show up on a background. Or, preferably, do you know of a way to make the forum text black?
  • Savannah
    Savannah
    Whoops, sorry yanko, I apparently got a little too excited hunting for class names there :P

Donegal, you can definitely make the forum text black. If you just want the post text, it's

bc. .post-body
    {
    color:black;
    }

If you want the entire post in the right-hand column including title and post date, it's

bc. .post-body, .post-time, .campaign-forum-topic-name, .timeago-weekonly-reformat, .created-label
    {
    color:black !important;
    }

And if you want to affect both the right and left hand columns, it's

bc. .post-body, .post-time, .campaign-forum-topic-name, .timeago-weekonly-reformat, .created-label, .topic-link, .post-count
    {
    color:black !important;
    }
  • Donegal
    Donegal
    Thanks Savannah! Sorry to keep bothering but I have no background in this and trial and error is only getting me so far, but...

I think I understand how to put a color border around my background image, but how or can I put a border image? I'd like a leather texture about 50 px around my parchment background on pretty much all my pages. Here is a link to the campaign:
    "Blackmire Marches":https://haven-hinterlands.obsidianportal.com/
  • Savannah
    Savannah
    No worries, everyone was new once and I like helping out :)

That being said, I have no clue on the border images, sorry. I'm sure someone else will know, though!
  • madartiste
    madartiste
    I have not worked with border images before, but they're apparently considerably more complex from what I can see: "Understanding Border Images":http://css-tricks.com/understanding-border-image/
  • Donegal
    Donegal
    Wow, that is complicated.
  • yanko128
    yanko128
    Thank you. On a related note, is there a way to change background color only on one specific wiki page?
  • madartiste
    madartiste
    Yanko, I don't think that individual wiki pages have their own specific classes, so technically, no. You can't target one specifically. However, you might be able to to create an absolutely positioned DIV that has your background the size of the whole page and set the z-index so it sits behind everything else. I haven't experimented such a code, though, so I don't have anything concrete to give you.