How do I find "all pages" in the wiki now?

TinkerConfig
edited October 2013 in Campaign Portal Building
I used to go to the wiki and then hit "show all pages" on the right side of the screen. This would list all the pages that exist for that campaign. I can't seem to find any button that achieves the same effect in the new update and it's really a valuable tool for me. What am I missing?

Comments

• Langy
    Langy
    Go to the search bar at the top and just hit 'enter'. It'll display a list of all pages. It's not very navigable, though, as it prints a little bit of each page in the search window.
  • TinkerConfig
    Thank you so much, it's not intuitive at all. I spent 10 minutes trying to figure it out and was just lamenting how I was going to find pages unless I remembered what I was looking for. My suggestion would be to make the "Wiki" header in the search a button to the Wiki list. At least, that's what I went for when I was trying to figure it out.

And you're right. It's not very navigable...I just want a list. Not a list with a bunch of info. It's not even in alpha order.

I'm not getting a very good first impression from the new page. I can see that alot of the backend stuff is handled in a better way but the presentation and ability to navigate have suffered. The whole pages is squeezed into a narrow bar down the center of my page, if it was wider the short descriptions could be less tall and might be welcome.
  • Belrathius
    Belrathius
    I completely agree and am beginning to regret contributing to the kickstarter...
  • TinkerConfig
    It really seems like if they take user feedback they could clean this new layout into something sharp. Right now it's a little cluttered and the font is ugly unless I zoom in 10%...I can see alot of good things wanting to bubble to the surface but it isn't quite there yet. Many of the icons seem too big for where they are and space is utilized poorly.

I would have been happy with just the backend stuff since it already looked so clean. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that they continue evolving the style into something a bit cleaner (or back peddle to what they had). I'm not a backer for the kickstarter so my opinion is probably less harsh since I'm not invested in the project.
  • Langy
    Langy
    You can already get it to look pretty sharp with some judicious css tweaking. My "test page":https://langy-test-campaign.obsidianportal.com/wikis/main-page is looking pretty sweet, if you ask me.

Though there does seem to be a big difference in how images are being handled; for some reason they're much too small now.

EDIT: Nevermind, fixed that. Just stick the following in your CSS if your images look a bit messed up:

img { max-width:none; }
    Post edited by Langy on
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Thanks Langy, how are your forums?
  • Langy
    Langy
    We don't use them, so it's a non-issue for us.

I certainly understand where other people are coming from with the dislike of the forum changes, though. Hopefully they'll set up a way to use subforums soon enough, and hopefully connect adventure log/page/campaign comments to the forum system.
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    I could deal if I could edit a forum post.
  • DreadGazebo
    DreadGazebo
    Langy, that looks slick!
  • DreadGazebo
    DreadGazebo
    SkidAce, you are unable to edit forum posts?
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Dread, I saw your post on my phone but I don't see it here. Ehh..

But no, I cannot edit forum posts. Once it's saved/posted its done.

I can edit forum topics...i.e. the forum itself. (change the name, make it sticky, etc) but not a post.
  • Belrathius
    Belrathius
    Langy, the CSS mods you have given (including some from another thread) has already done wonders to restore pages I have been working on for precise appearance. Thank you greatly.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Langy- Looks awesome! How about a page with your CSS to help some of us coding noobs? Please?

Just trying to help out.

• Langy
    Langy
    I posted the code "here":http://forums.obsidianportal.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=3393&page=1#Item_8 - this is the simple stuff, not including the stuff that really changes the look like tossing the dragon or changing colors around.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Oh, yes, I want it all!! Killing me that all tables are now white, and the white box around my parchment backgrounds as well! Post please!!!

Just trying to help out.

• TinkerConfig
    Unfortunately, as a non-member, this is just taking a system that was good and downgrading it while saying "If you pay me you can put time into fixing the thing I just downgraded."

I think it just needs some touch up here and there and it will be back to "Free=good / Paid=better". As someone who has considered paying for Obsidian if it clicks with my players/group the latest update reduces my likelihood of paying (since my players will get fussier about it), which is the opposite of what Obsidian is going for (I'd imagine).

As I said earlier, some things are better and some are worse. Overall I've only found 2 or 3 in your face changes that I strongly disagree with. Nothing a little TLC couldn't fix up.

Also I stumbled on your (@langy) page before the update and forwarded it to my GM as an example of how awesome Obsidian can be. Good to see it's look is already coming back into focus, very sharp.
  • ttalamini
    ttalamini
    Additionally, how are the wiki pages that show up in the full search differentiated between the public ones and the GM Only ones. I would suggest a filter on the search.

In the prior site I was able to use that "Show All" to great effect. I need it restored or something similar to it. I agree I do not need a line or two to appear with the name. The title only worked just fine and seemed to go faster.
  • ttalamini
    ttalamini
    Interesting note. I have some pages that I wrote and in lieu of a proper title, I gave it a number or letter. Made it easy to spot my random unformed thoughts and ideas when I did my "Show All" sort. When I enter a letter I know to have content, it does not show up on the search drop down (though it does when I hit enter). Anyone else have something similar to this?
  • MattDroz
    MattDroz
    Quick fix:

Just go to https://.obsidianportal.com/wikis/
  • Pils
    Pils
    Thanks a lot Mattdroz!

-Pils
    "Dark Sun -- La Décade des Héros":https://dark-sun-a-trova.obsidianportal.com/: Face the Fire of the Dark Sun... a World ravaged by Sorcery!

-Pils

Dark Sun ● La Décade des Héros : Face the Fire of the Dark Sun... a World ravaged by Sorcery! (CotM - Dec 2012)

Les Royaumes Oubliés : A D&D 5e old school style Forgotten Realms campaign!

(And I'm so soooorry for my poor english...)

• Murasame
    Murasame
    One of the things I've been doing, because I'm OCD like that, is that my .obsidianportal.com/wikis/main-page is actually my wiki index. Anytime I make a new wiki or think of a wiki I need to make I add it to that list. One thing I like about it is that I can easily see my wiki completion progress. Comparing my index with the items on the link MattDroz provided, I can ensure that I didn't forget to add new pages to the list.