Items Page

SkidAce
SkidAce
edited November 2013 in General Archive
It occurred to me...

I use the items page for items (duh).

I read about someone using it for locations, which sounds intriguing (filter by country etc).

Got me to thinking...instead of my complex table/list of the alphabet, and coding/putting spells or rituals in alphabetical order, why don't I just use "new item" and give it a tag of "spells".

Is there any limit to the number of items in the item list, or any down side I'm not thinking of?

Comments

• SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Other than quick item list not pulling things up by title....sigh...
  • madartiste
    madartiste
    I noticed items also don't get a quick description in their entries on the item page. :P
  • Jarred
    Jarred
    Might want to be careful about using the items page. Aren't they taking it away?
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    I did hear they weren't "supporting" it...but nothing about taking it away. I could have missed that.

Funny, with that quick search bar and the tagging system...its actually more useful now.
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    I really want to dump my home brew spells in it.

And typing "Protection" and getting all my variants in a list....money.

If any devs are listening...I REALLY LIKE that quick search and tag combo on the character and item pages.

I would be sad if it only stayed for characters.

---
    Think about it. If you could create pages like that, say "Locations" and BAM!

Search for "Kingsford" and there it is....search for "forest" and get all of them...

/drool
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    I would throw any thing that you want into the wikis, not the items. That way the do not support thing ever hits you!
    killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":https://a-god-rebuilt.obsidianportal.com
    "OP's COTM April 2012":http://blog.obsidianportal.com/a-god-rebuilt-aprils-cotm/
    Unabashadly pushing for 300 fans!

Just trying to help out.

• SkidAce
    SkidAce
    But..there's...no...quick search bar...

The search on the top covers the entire campaign.

Trying to resist, I really am. But I hear yah killer.