Banners

neonbasschild
neonbasschild
edited October 2013 in Bug Reports
Ok am I on drugs or are banners all blown up now? My banners were formatted for the right size before but now they look enlarged.

Comments

• AquaMan
    AquaMan
    Mine looks stretched horizontally and cropped vertically.
  • Langy
    Langy
    The recommended banner size changed in the update. Now it's 1000x220px. Unfortunately the bit telling you what the size should be wasn't updated, so it still says the wrong size:/
  • AquaMan
    AquaMan
    Thanks for the info, Langy. Wish there was a little more vertical space - 220 doesn't leave room for much more than text.
  • ttalamini
    ttalamini
    Thanks Langy, I just tried to work with the banners and was thinking I was a nob for the results I was getting. Good to know.
  • smiler127
    smiler127
    Is there a way I can modify my banner size? No matter how I stretch it out it looks too distorted
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    If you are Ascendant put this code in your CSS box...and adjust dimensions to fit your banner

/* CUSTOM BANNER SIZE */
    .campaign-public-layout #banner-container .campaign-banner-image {fixed; height: 298px; width: 744px; margin-right: auto; margin-left: 240px;}

If you are not, the only recommendation I have is to format your banner or create a new one as close to 1000x220 as you can.
  • ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    Alternately, you can use the following in your CSS that will auto-size things nice and happy regardless of the size or proportions of your banner, which is important because your banner will be used at a smaller size in the private sections of your site. Note of course that this will stretch your image if it's not big enough, so you probably will want to come along with a higher resolution version eventually, but this will get you back on the road and let you keep your proportions as you like.

.campaign-banner-image{ background-size: 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat; }

Example: "main page":https://clarity.obsidianportal.com/
    Post edited by ChainsawXIV on