Loved the old OP, Hate the new one - Viable alternatives list

dragondreams
dragondreams
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
As an unfortunately paying member, I'm throwing in the towel. I'm sure there are others out there who feel the same - so... why not help each other out and let's list alternatives that people have seen and their reviews?

Comments

• Basileus
    Basileus
    All the current issues aside, it seems a bit disingenuous - perhaps rude - to use OP's forums to talk about alternatives that would detract from their business.

Just my two coppers. Wish all the best to both those leave and those who choose to stay.
  • smiler127
    smiler127
    I'm staying I just wish they'd allow better sizes for banners. I can't get mine to crop or resize without making it look like crap.
  • Number_Six
    Number_Six
    Epicwords.com is where I'm moving my campaign.
  • Magnatude
    Magnatude
    Yeah... I had JUST bough a year membership last month.
    Put a TON of time on the CSS... its all broken.
    I'm about to ask for my $ back.
  • Langy
    Langy
    Why don't you try to make use of the vanguard program before deciding to give up? I have doubts that you'd be entitled to a refund if you don't even use the tools OP has provided to try and rectify your problems.
    Post edited by Langy on
  • Magnatude
    Magnatude
    THEY screwed up my campaign pages, and I have to fix it.
    You may think your time is worth nothing.... perhaps thats the problem.
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Langy and I have both volunteered to help people with fixing their CSS (among some other members) that the reforge has caused issues with. We're willing to work with you to help get your page looking better than ever. The reforge has been several months in the making, and for new campaigns and new members, they've added a whole lot of features to make the experience better. Hopefully we can get yours back on track. :)
  • Kallak
    Kallak
    @Magnatude, I definitely understand your anger, I share it even. My campaign is over 800 pages/items, and I guarantee you my site was far more customized than yours preforge. I know exactly where you're coming from, seeing your hard work broken for changes you didn't have any say in, or maybe didn't even want. That said, you have absolutely no business taking that frustration out on Langy or anyone else on these forums. Your comments are rude and completely out of line. Frankly they make you out to be quite the dick. If you've got irrevocable issues with the reforge, then go to another site or make other plans, but don't be an asshole to someone offering help.
    Post edited by Kallak on
    All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Langy
    Langy
    "THEY screwed up my campaign pages, and I have to fix it."

No, you don't. That's what the vanguard program is for.
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    On the Vanguard blog announcement it states you will be contacted by a Vanguard after requesting assistance via the instructions (i.e. posting a thread).

After that, once you and the Vanguard make contact to your satisfaction, promote them to co-dm and they will adjust the code. once done, say thanks and remove them.

Good times...
  • Leonidas300
    Leonidas300
    Well spoken Kallak,

I've been very vocal in my displeasure with the reforge but treating one of the 4 or 5 people really going out of their way to help (for free BTW) is a dick move.

I am not saying you should not be pissed because you should be, was the reforge F'ed up? Absolutely, but the developers know it and are attempting to fix it and the Vanguards as well as many others are helping.

I don't blame anyone for wanting to leave, but before folks tuck tail and bolt to another site they should realize that any new site is going to require a learning curve, as well as the time to recreate what you have done here. I know a lot of our pages look like 1980's Mike Tyson busted it up like it was Spinks, but... put forth some effort before you jet and if you really can't stand it, then leave, like I said earlier no one would blame you. Fixing It won't be pleasant or fun but in the end, if all the changes plus a few more pretty obvious ones that should be in the pipe occur then you will get your page back.

"Leonidas300":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/metzger/wikis/leonidas300
    "A Manifestation of Chaos":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/metzger/wikis/main-page
    COTM - Sept. 2012

Langy / Developers - A full list of the Vanguards would be helpful to all
    Post edited by Leonidas300 on
  • Yoshara
    Yoshara
    The Vanguard is a nice idea, not to mention generous.

I can see where the reforge could have really screwed with current campaigns and how some of the older and/or less than computer literate individuals hate the new site but personally for my use it is much much better than it was. I love the reforge and so does the rest of my group.

Remember for every one person who voices his displeasure there is probably 2-3, if not more, people not saying anything because they are content with the changes. That or they just don't visit the forums at all.

Edit: Epicwords.com looks like crap btw.
    Post edited by Yoshara on