Fixed! - Missing tags after edit

Baard
Baard
edited October 2013 in General Archive
Just wanted to start a seperate thread for this, as I havent seen it discussed elsewhere.

When I edit an existing page, the tags dissapear. When editing a second time and writing up new tags, they stick until I edit the page again.
Can anyone else confirm this behaviour? Is the devs aware of the issue?

I really like the reforge! There is always issues with such a complex CMS, and they are often very hard to spot before publishing.
Keep up the good work OP!

Comments

• Langy
    Langy
    I can confirm that this happened when editing one of my characters.
  • Baard
    Baard
    Thanks Langy. It also happens on wiki pages it seems.
  • Viehmagnat
    Viehmagnat
    I have experienced the same issue and mentioned it in the Launch Feedback forum as well.
  • Oakenhart
    Yep can confirm. I just came to the forums to search for this. I just signed up and am getting starting with all my data entry and this is driving me crazy (but only a little bit, I'm already mostly crazy), I thought I was doing something wrong :P

I'm using Chrome to do edits.
  • Baard
    Baard
    Thanks for chiming in folks. I use the tagging system quite heavily in my campaign, and is thrilled to see the new functions. However, it looks like I'm stuck until this is fixed.
  • MorganWilliams
    MorganWilliams
    Same issue here. I am also unable to add tags in what seems the intended new manner.
  • ttalamini
    ttalamini
    I tried to add some tags today to an existing wiki. For the tags that were already in my list this was no problem. When I created a new tag however, it looked like it accepted (as it appeared on the tag line like the others) it but it does not show up in the tag lists thereafter. Nor does a search reveal it. IS this being addressed? I imagine it is or will be soon but I wanted to mention it. Thanks.
  • Baard
    Baard
    It seems to be possible to list the new tags now, and they also show up in searches. Looks fixed to me!
  • Maesenko
    Maesenko
    I think it is fixed as well. I did have problems when I added a new tag for the first time, but after it was added to a second character it was deleted off the first. I re-added the tag to the first and haven't had any problems since.

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• Beaumains
    Beaumains
    There is still an issue that we can't directly search a tag from any given page, since the only way to get to the tags menu is by searching one of the tags applied to the page you're on.

-Beaumains
  • Torg_Smith
    Torg_Smith
    If you look at the dark bar across the top of your page, you will see search in text. If you click on it, you can type in the tag you want to search for.
  • Beaumains
    Beaumains
    @Torg_Smith thanks for sharing that; it is pretty cool - however, it still requires that one know/remember what tag they're looking for, as that function doesn't always provide suggestions, and even then, you have to know where to start. The site needs to keep players in mind as much as GMs; in this case, players won't automatically know about tags, let alone what tags they can look up, or when a new one is added, and so on.
  • Torg_Smith
    Torg_Smith
    As far as player knowledge goes, you can tell them.

Tags are really just a shortcut to finding a page. If tags are done well, they should be pretty intuitive.

I would not want a list of tags on every page. I would not have a problem with an index page that had all the tags on it.
  • Torg_Smith
    Torg_Smith
    If you type in "tags" without the quotes in the search, it will take you to a page that lists all the pages that do not have tags. On the right side of this page, all the tags are listed. This should give you what you are looking for.

EDIT: Slight correction. When you type tags into the search, it does not give you all the pages without tags. It gives you the results from the last time you clicked on a tag. All tags do show up on the right hand side of the page.
    Post edited by Torg_Smith on
  • Beaumains
    Beaumains
    @Torg_Smith thanks again! I like that idea of an "Index" button, or a "Tags" button; either up on the top bar, or somewhere on (every) page so that you can always just go straight to it. I'm sure you can code that in independently, but it would still be really nice, especially for those who either don't want to mess with that, or can't really do it.