L5R Changing History

JaymesBolton
JaymesBolton
edited October 2013 in Campaign Portal Building
Requesting assistance to get my portal back on track!

Campaign URL:
"Changing History":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/l5r-changing-history

My adventure logs are all messed up, was running all HTML with minor CSS but now nothing fits right. Please help!
-Jaymes

"COTM Feburary 2013":http://blog.obsidianportal.com/changing-history-februarys-campaign-of-the-month/

Comments

• Langy
    Langy
    I'd be happy to help, but I can't tell what's wrong with your adventure logs. If you mean that sidebar you have isn't showing up, that's because the new OP has max-width set for the img tags. You can fix this in CSS by adding something like the following:

a img {
    max-width:none;
    }

Other than that, your adventure logs look correct to me at first blush.

Can you describe what's wrong with them? Or is it the adventure log list that's the problem?

If so, I think the 'messed up' bit you see is actually what it's supposed to look like - and the ones with that title bar image look quite nice!
  • JaymesBolton
    JaymesBolton
    Sidebar:
    I have a HTML floating sidebar on most of my wiki pages...i eliminated it from the front page because it just looked wierd. Regretfully I do not know enough CSS to input it that way (although based on your site there seems to be one).

Adventure logs:
    Ok so that is just how they have to look now? Grumble...not what I would have personally chosen but I can deal with it.

Main (center?) part of pages:
    I am TRYING to input a CSS that makes the "main" part of the pages have that little border, filler, etc. without the white around. I have an HTML coding for it ON EVERY PAGE (I really do need to learn CSS better or just mooch off more competent people) so I was hoping to get some CSS help with that.

Banner:
    Noticed somewhere that I will need to completly redo my banner to make it fit...is this true? Or will the original size be brought back?

Umm I think that more or less sums it up...

-Jaymes

"COTM Feburary 2013":http://blog.obsidianportal.com/changing-history-februarys-campaign-of-the-month/
  • Langy
    Langy
    The code I posted earlier _should_ make it so your sidebar appears as it should, though there'll be some overlap with the current design unless it's moved a bit, too. Unfortunately, it doesn't look easily possible to move to the 'correct' place via css; you may need to edit every page to do it that way, which is :( frowny face time.

Yeah, adventure logs look like that now. You can change it a little bit with some CSS magic, though I'm not sure what it is you'd like. You could probably make it look similar to the previous way, but I honestly don't remember how that worked and I'm not sure that tags will work any more, so I'd hold off on doing that. Besides, they're not really *ugly* now - just different. Personally, I like them.

The main center part of the page can be given that border that you're talking about easily enough - my Edgerunners page has it set up like that. I can probably rip out that code segment some time tomorrow for you.

As for the banner, yeah, unfortunately the new 'recommended' dimensions are something like 1000x220 - though what's worse is the banner will crop and resize itself to fit the current browser window, so if you view the site on a mobile device it'll look a bit funky. You *can* use CSS to make the banner appear correctly without actually altering it any, though!
  • JaymesBolton
    JaymesBolton
    I would love any help you (and anyone else) can provide. I love the possibilities that CSS provides but have limited time to really learn well.

-Jaymes
  • JaymesBolton
    JaymesBolton
    Ok after browsing and stealing things from other people I have the following CSS code:

(Sorry in advance for the long post)

.campaign-public-layout #banner-container .campaign-banner-image {
    height: 300px;
    width: 750px;
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
    }

.campaign-public-layout #content {max-width:1100px}

.campaign-public-layout .highlight-container {display:none;}

.campaign-public-layout #campaign-summary-row .row {opacity: 0.0; height: 30px}

.campaign-public-layout .main-content-container {width:730px; padding: 0px;}

.campaign-public-layout .campaign-landing-page-container {width:730px; padding: 0px;}

.campaign-public-layout .section {width:730px;}

.campaign-public-layout .post-main {width:730px;}

.campaign-public-layout .front-nav-container {position:relative; z-index:5; width: 185px}

.campaign-public-layout .sidebar {position:relative; z-index:5; width: 185px}

.collapsable-nav-row .full-width.main-content-container {width: 900px; padding: 0px;}

/* Main box more room */

.collapsable-nav-row.collapsed .main-content-container {
    padding-left: 10px;

}

.collapsable-nav-row.collapsed .front-nav-container {
    left: -50px;

I now have 4 issues:

2.I need to find either a CSS or HTML working floating sidebar nav menu. (If you look closely you can see my original HTML one on the side but it is now super tiny and does not work right). I noticed that Edgerunners has a working one on it.

2.I need to move everything a little to the right so it aligning better with my banner.

3.I need to find a CSS code that allows my main center to have the design i want without the white border.

4.I need to fix the main page of my wiki with the link buttons moved to far to the left and them blocking the background image.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Jaymes
  • wolfhound
    wolfhound
    Jaymes lemme shoot you a private message, but since I helped you out with this campaign the first go around I have always had a soft spot for it. ;)
  • wolfhound
    wolfhound
    I believe from a vanguard pov this is resolved as well, JaymesBolton has some page editing to do to fix DIV tags, etc. but I believe the CSS side is done.
  • JaymesBolton
    JaymesBolton
    Pretty much...probably going to steal some of killvervp code from his site to make a couple more changes but the majority of the stuff is done. As always wolfhound is awesome and deserves mass amount of praise for the entire OP community.

-Jaymes

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Steal away!
    Wolfhound is awesome....

Just trying to help out.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    "Wolfhound is awesome..."

Hear! Hear!

twigs

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member