Functional issues

Maesenko
Maesenko
edited October 2013 in General Archive
Hey all,

First off, I'd like to give a tentative congratulations to the crew working at OP on the Reforge launch. My pages are looking okay thus far aside from my account page.

I've been browsing the site in both Chrome (offline/visitor/unsigned) as well as Firefox (signed in) to get a feel for both public and private views.
So far, my biggest issue in navigation of the new site is the lack of search. So far, I've only come across it in one capacity: within a campaign. Sitewide-wise, it doesn't seem to exist at the moment.

Is this currently disabled/hidden, or has it actually gone missing? I know that some other things have been disabled for the time.

In wither case, I'm in the process of testing some other functions and options, and I'm hoping that some other savvy users will work with with me in testing some of the areas most people have been quiet about on the forums.

Keep it up, guys.
~Mae

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

Comments

• Langy
    Langy
    The within-a-campaign search is in the big box labeled 'search' at the top of every single site you should see while browsing campaigns, Maesenko:D

There are really two things I miss - the characters page sorting player characters at the top (and preferably separating them from NPCs), and the old map markers. The new ones are kinda nice - but they're _huge_. The old ones were the perfect size for what we were using them for, and they worked great.
  • Maesenko
    Maesenko
    I found that much out at least already, Langy. I'm talking about examples like searching for a campaign on the campaign page, searching for user accounts, etc. It's noticeably absent or I'm blind.
    I'll echo agreement about the new map markers, but I don't expect much on that until after the main things are worked out. I'm more concerned about the number of marker options and the level of zoom when that gets implemented, but again, I can wait.

Two other things I have noticed are missing: quick tagging and (as Langy stated) automatic PC distinction. I know we discussed the loss of those PC/NPC headers in the past, so I'm tagging them for now. It makes me wonder the point of a check box in the character edit page for if someone is a PC. Perhaps we could use it to auto-sort those selected pages to the top of the character screen instead to avoid/ignore the redundancy?

One more thing, I've also noticed that when typing a private message (the inbox and when reading are fine), the message box is really small vertically and I have to scroll to see anything, but it's very long horizontally (it actually takes up my whole screen).
    Post edited by Maesenko on

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• Langy
    Langy
    Oh, gotcha. I misunderstood you to mean you couldn't find in-campaign search. Yeah, I don't see a way to search outside of campaigns, either, but I don't remember that ever being an OP feature in the first place *shrug*
  • Maesenko
    Maesenko
    It used to be in the top right corner of the site, it was a general "search the whole site for x" thing. In the Reforge's current state, it would save me some hassle if it was around, but I can manage.
    Post edited by Maesenko on

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee