Reforging Update?

Comments

• Strahd42
    Strahd42
    I think there was an error in explaining the changes. They should have said everything will have to be redone with the new format. Not some things, or mostly just css.

That being said, those of us with heavy css or side of the advanced html tricks new we would be rebuilding everything from ground up.

It'll take me a good 2-3 days of hard coding sessions to make my site look good. I personally was hoping for some way to make changes in one place and have them change everywhere. Oh well, maybe next time.

S
  • DreadGazebo
    DreadGazebo
    A few quick things:

As for stretch goals - those are still on our to-do list, as with our "release early, release often" mantra there is not an ETA, but don't worry, we haven't forgotten.

Ascendant time at launch - we are giving this a day or two before we process everyone through the system as we work out kinks and make sure that the site is stable

Concerns - Please keep addressing them here as you feel necessary, for things beyond the realm of opinions that are actually technically confirmed bugs please submit a support ticket

Please know that we are currently working diligently to roll out the reforging, I will be checking all around the forums periodically but may not always have time to respond, especially within this first day or two. The team is still very busy. Thank you!
  • Leonidas300
    Leonidas300
    "Editing existing wiki pages is one of the features that was a definite improvement – you can now just click a button at the top of the wiki page to edit it. It’s right next to the page’s name"

I don't see the button - does any one else? "Greyhawk Deities":https://metzger.obsidianportal.com/wikis/greyhawk-deities
  • wconwell
    wconwell
    As others have said... This really screwed my PbP campaign. Where the hell did all the comments go on adventure logs? There was a ton of content for our campaign there and now it is just gone. I didn't take advantage of many of the more in depth features of the site, but to have all of our background, interactions with NPCs, etc. nuked is infuriating. I just signed up for a year subscription last month and I regret that choice now.
  • rpowell138
    rpowell138
    Suggestion: For general format concerns people have, it'd be very nice if there was an available "legacy" CSS that has a wider central text area, a white "page" on background image (so more classic feel). Possibly top/horizontal navigation bar, etc. Something that would be easy to install for somebody who knows no CSS, and could ease transition without impacting new/upcoming features.
  • DreadGazebo
    DreadGazebo
    Also, please note that *comments on adventure logs have not been nuked*, they are still in the database and are currently not being displayed. Micah will be posting later to give an update on how this is being handled.
  • JaymesBolton
    JaymesBolton
    I have just two big concerns at this moment in time:

1. Making a sidebar navigation menu work again.

2. Banner not looking like it got sat on.

-Jaymes

"Changing History":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/l5r-changing-history
    "COTM Feburary 2013":http://blog.obsidianportal.com/changing-history-februarys-campaign-of-the-month/
  • Aenor
    Aenor
    I'll try to be the optimistic one and hope that all this is just temporary until they get the engine running fully. In the end as long as...

a) non-Ascendant members and everyone who doesn't know how to use CSS aren't getting jacked
    b) the content area is restored to former width
    c) image thumbnails and stuff like that get's sorted out so one doesn't have to repair every single page at a time
    d) other small or less small issues mentioned above are fixed

... I'll be just as content as always. I'll say give them some time.
  • Belrathius
    Belrathius
    Are there plans to address the concerns listed here, like the far-too-narrow page width?
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    What about comments page being deleted? I had over 200 comments on my campaign, and they are gone- page no longer exists! I don't recall that ever being mentioned- items was mentioned, but not comments.
    Post edited by GamingMegaverse on

Just trying to help out.

• DreadGazebo
    DreadGazebo
    Comments pages have not been deleted, they are currently hidden. As I said earlier Micah is going to address this once he can come up for air from the reforging launch.

For concerns regarding the width, using the "collapse front page menu" will give you some space back in the mean time. I have brought your concerns to the team and they are looking into them, however actual bugs are being prioritized first before aesthetics currently.
  • rpowell138
    rpowell138
    Another suggestion: Add an option to collapse the right menu. That would give quite a bit more space that is currently wasted on either player images or the stream. The stream should ideally be used in the Dashboard, so that alone would clean things up nicely.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Thanks Jerry- will keep the link then- I appreciate it!

Just trying to help out.

• wolfhound
    wolfhound
    Dunno if this was posted yet - Looks like the breaks the adventure log all to pieces
  • DreadGazebo
    DreadGazebo
    @rpowell13 We like the idea about the right sidebar but we can't jump to make any solutions just yet, but we are considering all ideas/suggestions that you guys are providing so please keep them coming. Regarding the dice roller, let's be honest there are "far better dice rollers out there":http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm that you can open in another tab or on a mobile device and we really wanted to focus wholly on core Obsidian Portal features.

Regarding browser issues, the new site works fantastically in the newest versions of "Chrome":https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/, "Firefox":http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/, and "IE10":http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/download-ie, and mostly in IE9. For those of you stuck with older versions of certain browsers due to workstations at your job, we are sorry but that's just the way things are.

Regarding anyone who can't update characters or other "can't update" errors - it looks like there's an intermittent SSL error we're dealing with. No suggestions as of yet, but we're working on it as we speak.
  • dragoner
    dragoner
    We were doing a pbp in the comments section on the log, with that gone, the campaign is over pretty much.
  • Kallak
    Kallak
    Has the "Show All" (pages of the wiki) function/link been removed with the reforge? Or is it still there somewhere - lost in all of the shoddy design work that did EXACTLY what it should not have done on the front end?

I ask because ensuring that all the pages of large campaigns have been brought up to post-reforge specs will be pretty difficult/obnoxious if we have to go one tag at a time and hope to god that there weren't any pages where a tag wasn't present.
    All the best,
    - Kallak
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Losing subforums...I can call that aethetics...not fond..but fair enough with all the changes going on.

Can't edit a forum post is going to derail our campaign, much like dragoner said.
  • DreadGazebo
    DreadGazebo
    We are working on the fix for being unable to edit forum posts right now. Among many other things. Just a heads up.
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Excellent...thanks!

/sigh of relief
  • BrianAdamantite
    BrianAdamantite
    If anyone needs some help I am out of school at 5pm. I have noticed the Home page and the wiki version don't render correctly, however, if you look at just the pages on my nav bar I have edited those, to what I feel works for now.

https://regnum.obsidianportal.com/

As for PC's I followed Langy's advice and it works great.

I have only fixed one PC:

https://regnum.obsidianportal.com/characters/
    https://regnum.obsidianportal.com/characters/anrir

If I can be of assistance please let me know

AZ_Rune
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Posted elsewhere, but wanted to echo!

MattBowyer
    3 minutes ago

I don't know much about custom CSS, but I imagine nothing in here would allow me to change the shading in the edit-text box, right? White text on light gray background is making it very hard to do anything in mine today.

This may be my biggest issue right now- the eyestrain is going to make me blind!!

Just trying to help out.

• DreadGazebo
    DreadGazebo
    @AZ_RUNE - No, this is a error in wording on our behalf, still just one banner. We'll put this on our minor to-fix list for now.
  • BrianAdamantite
    BrianAdamantite
    Also make your banners 750px wide by 169px tall if you don't want the parser program to edit it for you.

AZ_Rune
    Post edited by BrianAdamantite on
  • derendel
    derendel
    @AZ_RUNE Thanks!! Saves me the trouble of figuring it out.

Now just to figure out how to get my tiled backgrounds back.
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Bug: Friends report they cannot sign in with a user name from their phones. Clicking on Facebook or one of the other large options is possible.

I double checked on my phone and could not get any reaction from clicking "I signed in with a user name" line/button.
  • Baard
    Baard
    @killervp
    This snippet placed in CSS in dashboard/settings/style makes the text in the input boxes black, and the background a lighter shade of grey.
    The second entry is background color when the text input is activated.

input[type="text"], input[type="email"], input[type="password"], input[type="tel"], textarea {
    color: black;
    background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245);
    }

input[type="text"]:focus, input[type="email"]:focus, input[type="password"]:focus, input[type="tel"]:focus, textarea:focus {
    background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);
    }

I also posted this in the CSS thread.
  • BrianAdamantite
    BrianAdamantite
    https://regnum.obsidianportal.com/adventure-log/gazing-in-the-darkness

Began fixing the Journals while I watch a movie in class.

I hate the white on gray text box, can we go back to the standard and remember that people use PC's other than Mac for coding.

Later,

AZ_Rune

P.S. @Rant & @killervp for the CSS snipet
    Post edited by BrianAdamantite on
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    I can see where it is all going and I must say I think it is going to be better than before, but right now there are so many messes I can't even figure out where to start. But the new look IS better.....so time...shall work....its....weary........way...............

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• dragoner
    dragoner
    now my players are complaining