Collapsible Divs

Gaitkeeper
Gaitkeeper
edited September 2013 in Campaign Portal Building
Hey guys, I am the GM of Bad Blood :: War of the Covens, and I wanted to add something in to my Char Sheets that could collapse all of the different fields to make searching them easier, without having to scroll half of forever, especially on my magic-wielding or psychic characters. I do design outside of OP, and so most of the problems I have are not being able to translate everything I know how to do outside into what I can do in OP. The CSS/HTML That I use are:

In-Line HTML script:
TITLE

(Items/Information)

CSS Script:
.filter-type {
border-bottom: 1px dotted #666;
}

.sidebarlistscroll {
width: 220px;
height: 200px;
margin-bottom: 15px;
overflow-y: scroll;
border: none;
visibility: hidden;
}
#filter{display:none}
#filter:checked + .sidebarlistscroll{
visibility: visible;
}

I put the CSS into the main page CSS, and then put in the HTML, but it did not work, it came up with displaying the HTML on the page. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Bondoid
    Bondoid
    The label tag doesnt work on OP. At least I wasnt able to get it to work. Neither does :target functions.
    I eventually settled for hover tabs, not ideal, but they work. Look at my wiki, if this would work for you I can help you out.

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/our-legacy-of-fire
  • Belrathius
    Belrathius
    I don't remember where in the forums I found this (or who actually deserves original credit, as there are numerous people on here that have been quite influential on contributions), but there is a handy way using transitions and :hover to essentially create dropdown menus. While originally meant just for the sidebar elements, they can be handy for normal page divs as well.

You can see an example of it "here,":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/high-fantasy/wikis/geography in my high fantasy campaign (still being built). Look below the map for the example.
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Great looking site, Belrathius. I found it quite difficult to navigate back to the HOMEPAGE though...

twigs

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• Belrathius
    Belrathius
    Thanks Twiggy. The site is fat from ready for review, IMO. I'm always a harsh critic of my own work.

Hopefully the linked page shows the original poster an example of expanding / collapsible divs. That was the real objective.
    If you want, I am more than happy to share the HTML code (the CSS is already posted, under the Mechanics section) so you can see what correlates to what.
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Thanks Bel
    I may take you up on your offer later.
    I have decided not to do any more layout stuff on my site till after the Reforge kicks in though.

twigs

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Yeah, in fact I may go through and simplify my pages. Just in case...
  • Bookscorpion
    Bookscorpion
    I'd be very interested in the hmtl for this.
    Also, thank you for making all the CSS and stuff available, you did some really cool stuff with your campaign.

Shadowrun: The Rat's Nest - COTM  November 2014

• Belrathius
    Belrathius
    I completely understand the reticence to do more work, but I know that I have so much to do (and only get to small pieces at a time) that waiting could be more problematic for me.

I have added the HTML to a sample page for the collapsible menus. It can be found through the Mechanics section, but here is a "direct link.":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/high-fantasy/wikis/sample-collapsible-menus

Please note that despite the use of @ symbols, the double bracket Textile link gets turned into a full href reference (but at least it's not an actual link). For your entry links, use whatever works best for you.

As for including the CSS and sample HTML, you are quite welcome. I found it rather helpful when other sites had that when I was reviewing them for implementation ideas, so I felt that having such sections on my site was rather imperative. I have always preferred collaboration over competition, and feel good when I can be of help to others.
    Post edited by Belrathius on