Oregon here, P-town represent'n

Comments

• theinternetisbig
    theinternetisbig
    Hi everybody,

I've been a DM for nearly 20 years, I only played in one game before becoming a DM at the tender age of 9. My brother betrothed all his books unto me when departing for college. White plume mountain was my first foray into the dungeon and I've rarely looked back. That isn't to say I haven't experienced several lapses of D&D action, but it has always been there for me. Fortunately, in his betrothal my brother left me a heap of adventures, all the 2nd edition books a lad could ever want and tons of dice!
    (Adventures included almost all the classics! Keep on the borderlands, Through the looking glass, The Tomb of Horror!...)
    (The books were just as great! 5 monster books including 3rd party publications, Unearthed arcana, initial run of Deities and Demigods, Oriential Adventures)

I played most of the other systems, RIFTS, GURPS, All the myriad flavors of White wolf, Shadowrun, cyberpunk, Marvel Superheroes, Deadlands, Star Trek (yes, there was an RPG and Vulcans were the shit!), Even hackmaster and Warhammer fantasy... None have had quite the sweetness of good old D&D. Though many of them were great in their own rights

See my campaign for notes about my homebrewed campaign world. They are in their infancy and I've just gotten a new job and am quite busy with the twins. Bren and Trina keep me young, and I look forward to inducting them to the school of TSR's legacy. However, I have got so much stuff rattlin' in my noggin' that I can't get it all down.

I've stayed modern with the game, and I'm an early adopter of 4th edition. What I can say about low level gaming in 4th edition? It rocks. But keep an eye on conditions; end of turn, save, and end of 2nd/3rd turn powers can get somewhat confusing. The whole DM Toolkit section of the new DMG is GREAT IMO.

I've never really been a part of an online community about D&D so I look forward to getting to know a few of you and maybe stealing some of your coolest ideas! =) Not for profit of course...

just for fun!
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    I actually saw a copy of the Star Trek RPG at Half Price books. It was in the box, and still in decent shape. They wanted $50 for it.

I'm not actually GMing anything, so *my* coolest ideas are sort of just lying fallow. I had a pantheon spring into my head during my last trip to San Antonio. The goddess who shapes the earth itself is literally nearsighted, and inadvertently swallowed up three villages when she decided she needed to open up a canyon to divert part of a river. What? Villages are TEENY compared to mountains and canyons and major rivers. So now every settlement that can afford it builds a HUGE building somewhere in or near their town and paints it bright red, hoping it'll mean Kuth sees them and takes them into account when she next gets a fit of inspiration.

Oh, and might I add...SERIOUS FRIGGIN' ENVY for the Stumptown location. I grew up there and really miss it sometimes.