Cream of the Crop?

Comments

• DarthKrzysztof
    DarthKrzysztof
    So I see that the front page's Top 5 has been replaced with a "Cream of the Crop" feature. I was just wondering how it works. Does it show a different campaign every time the page is loaded or something?
  • Micah
    Micah
    It updates (roughly) every time something changes on the homepage (campaign changes, new update in the recent updates list, that sort of thing).

It is pseudo-random in that it selects only "good" campaigns. I'll leave it a little secret as to what constitutes a good campaign ;)

The main idea was that the Top 5 was essentially a static list. There were several 5.0s on the list that never moved. So, by switching to this scheme, we can showcase all the good stuff for a little bit. Plus, the small text teasers are actually pretty good and make me want to click through and read more :)
  • Flatscan
    Flatscan
    I don't know, the Top 5 has had a couple of shake-ups in the last few days. I was surprised to see Druid Wrestling's campaign knocked off! Will you reveal what exactly the criteria is for the Top 5?
  • Micah
    Micah
    It was pretty simple: You had to have the highest score, plus a minimum number of votes. So, since there were several campaigns that had 5.0, they stayed on the list indefinitely.

Cream of the Crop works similarly, but rotates who is shown randomly. I like it a lot better, as every time I come to the site, there's a new campaign to glance at. It's like a mini-featured spot.
  • Fivegears
    Fivegears
    I really do like the Cream of the Crop feature, actually, I find myself cruisin' over to campaigns pretty often based on them.