Who's going to GenCon?

Micah
Micah
edited August 2008 in General Archive

Comments

• Micah
    Micah
    Anyone here going to GenCon this year? If so, would you be willing to hand out some OP fliers and/or place them on some info tables? We're not looking for a huge commitment or an all day thing, just give them out to fellow gamers and drop them off on some tables.

If I remember correctly, Ryan had some very nice ones printed up that we could mail out to the willing. I suppose we'd need to know fairly soon so we could get them in the mail to you in time for the Con.

We'd be extremely appreciative to anyone who can help! If you're interested, drop us a line at [email protected]
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Micah,

I'm not going to GenCon, but I live in Dallas and we have a few conventions here with a gaming presence. Strangely enough, A-Kon and AnimeFest have been fairly fruitful recruiting grounds for the RPGA even though gaming is far and away a secondary purpose to both cons.

I mention this mostly to say that if you have an electronic copy of the flyer available, you could email it to the address in my profile, and then if I end up going to any of the D/FW cons I can print copies to bring with me.
  • Fivegears
    Fivegears
    Yeah, I'd be willing to rep up OP at some Cons up here in the MA area, maybe even paper some local gaming haunts; got a PDF/flyer that you want used?
  • MythicParty
    MythicParty
    Hey guys. GenCon has pretty stringent 'no leaflet' policies, so its not really a good option there. That being said, there are numerous other ways to get involved even semi-indirectly. For example, instead of getting a booth yourself, you could help support someone that already is getting one. Then they could pass out flyers/cards for you. That's legal. You could also be a sponsor for the ENnie Awards, ala what we just did: http://www.avatarart.com/qnamii/index.asp?Mode=ViewArticle&ID=2

Being the Oscars of Gaming, its a great 'cause' to be involved with & we'll be doing it again next year. Lastly, I have ties to a few official GenCon gaming groups & that's another avenue into "the Best 4 Days of Gaming." This being our 3rd straight year going, some tips/tricks have been picked up. Contact us for details.
  • bzero
    bzero
    I'm going to Gen Con, and I'd love to help if we can get around the "No Flyers" rule. Hell, I wouldn't mind bringing a couple just to give people who ask about it when I'm talking about how cool it is. >B)
  • Charsen
    Charsen
    This seems to be a necromanced thread.. so.. was this worked out prior to GenCon last year?

I was gonna say I'm probably going this year though.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    The obvious solution is OBSIDIAN PORTAL T-SHIRTS!
  • Figment
    Figment
    That is what other start-ups do at GenCon. If it wasn't too costly I'd probably buy a shirt and wear it one day of the con (and other gaming cons) each year.
  • Figment
    Figment
    Origins has already passed, and GenCon registration is closed. Any plans for this year? T-shirts, business cards to hand out at the gaming table, et cetera?
  • MythicParty
    MythicParty
    Obsidian Portal was nice enough to donate 'My other shirt is chainmail' shirts to Mythic Party @ GenCon. Our thanks for that!

I'll see if I can send Micah some pics.