Maps Sizes after Upload

Zombieboots
Zombieboots
edited May 2013 in Campaign Portal Building
Hey there!

When I upload my maps they often come out very, very small.

Me and my group are currently trying out the "Free" account option to see if we like the service. I am trying to upload a Map in the Map section, and have ended up deleting and reposting my image several times. The Maps are always scaled so that you can only see them with maximum zoom, any higher and it becomes uselessly small.

I see there is a preferred size limit of 1024x1024 (And preferable square). I've tired these settings, I've tried larger settings (2200x2200 seems to be the max it'll take) and I've tried smaller setting to see if I can get a "larger" map to play with. All uploads end up the exact same size in the Mapviewer. Small.

Any suggestions on how to blow up the size? Otherwise the map section might end up rather useless to us.

Comments

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    The kickstarter means that they will be 4x larger eventually. You can make them wiki pages, or off-site them for now.
    Edit: Here is an example, on my "maps":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/a-god-rebuilt/wikis/maps
    killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/a-god-rebuilt
    "OP's COTM April 2012":http://blog.obsidianportal.com/a-god-rebuilt-aprils-cotm/
    Post edited by GamingMegaverse on

Just trying to help out.

• Polisurgist
    Polisurgist
    Somewhat related, are we totally limited to square maps? I'm uploading images smaller than 1024^2 but they're getting really squished and ugly.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Yes, all maps are square, at least for now.

Just trying to help out.

• gaaran
    gaaran
    Yeah, for now you'll want to fill in the shorter sides with a solid color/whatever you like before you upload them.
  • Basileus
    Basileus
    -casts Raise Thread-

Hey killervp,

Do you know if that 4x larger than current is exact and or confirmed as the post-Reforge limit? Or is it more estimate/rumour?

Thanks,
    Post edited by Basileus on
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    To quote the Kickstarter-
    "Stretch Goal #1 - Reworking the Maps - $10,000 - ACHIEVED

The campaign maps have been one of our favorite features since the beginning, but just like everything else, they need some work to make them better! If we hit this goal, we will be able to make the following improvements:

Deeper zoom levels for Ascendant maps - 5 instead of the current 3

Higher resolution images - 4096x4096 pixels instead of the current 1024x1024
    A library of map markers - Different colors and shapes. Imagine dropping crossed swords to mark a battle, a tower to mark a wizard's abode, and a cave for...a cave. That's the idea.
    Better connection with the rest of your campaign - Add markers for specific characters and/or wiki pages, instead of only the general purpose markers we have now.

The maps are already fun. Now let's reforge them into something truly useful and awesome!"

Just trying to help out.

• Basileus
    Basileus
    Awesome, thanks for the confirmation killervp! :)