Who plays chess

Baalshamon
Baalshamon
edited June 2013 in General Discussion
I grew up playing chess and never really stopped but these days I find the game a little boring. How about you?

As such when I discovered Rogue Chess I was delighted to see a new concept of the game that actually works to make Chess fun again. "Check it out.":http://notthesingularity.com/5343/rogue-chess-making-chess-fun-again/

Comments

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    I used to enjoy Chess when I was young too, but since getting into RPGs have found less and less interest for "normal" games. About 10 years ago, I had a little spurt of DRINKING CHESS (better for getting rid of a bottle of whisky than for developing game strategy) but since then, have steered away. I wonder if this rogue chess is anywhere near as wild as those games of DRINKING CHESS that we played. LOL! I bet not! ;)

twigs

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    After watching the ROGUE CHESS video, I think I'll stick with RPGs. That Rogue Chess looks a bit "BIG BANG THEORY" to me.....

Inner Council Member

• Baalshamon
    Baalshamon
    Haaa, I can see that. We are going to play Drinking Chess with these Rogue Chess cards and see what happens. I foresee alot of drunken nerds.
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Stephen, let me know how your evening of Drinking Chess went. I think you would start off with a minimum of one bottle of spirits per man (apart from pleasant beers or wine to be consumed throughout) - women can use a 500ml instead of 750ml - and after a "SUCCESSFUL" session, one would expect there to be no bottle over half full (and at least one or two empty) with many tactical errors being made until finally you have to stop playing chess and put on some music before you fall asleep!

twigs

PS: It's not something I would play on a regular basis!

Inner Council Member