Database backup restoration - flames here, please

Micah
Micah
edited August 2008 in General Archive

Comments

• Micah
    Micah
    While updating Obsidian Portal today, we had a database problem that resulted in the loss of some vital data, rendering the site unusable. On the plus side, we do nightly backups, so we were able to restore the database from last night. On the minus side, to ensure full integrity of our database, we had to do a complete restore. This means that all changes that occurred since 03:00 GMT today (August 1st) have been lost. All in all, about 15 hours worth of data was lost.

If you made no changes during that time period, you'll notice no difference, and nothing was lost. If you were making changes, we apologize profusely. Feel free to leave your flames here...
  • ajb47
    ajb47
    Awwww, man!

Alright, so I'm no good at flaming. I tried.

I'll go now.

AJ
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Ah! Would that explain why some posts I'd read earlier showed up as unread again?

(I also lost a response, but it was to the death of Gleemax, and assertions that y'all rock can go anywhere! ;)
  • MythicParty
    MythicParty
    That database problem was really Gleemax getting its revenge- a dying blow from the brain against the underdog.