Plot Club, Redux

Comments

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Always looking for fresh ideas in Plot Club!!

Just trying to help out.

• bluesguy
    bluesguy
    Could I be added... I am only a member of my son's game and he doesn't use this resource at all. I am an active GM...
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Long time no see on the forum bluesguy... invitation there!
    killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/a-god-rebuilt
    "Duskreign's First Ever COTM":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/wyrmshadow/wiki_pages/112011
    "OP's COTM April 2012":http://blog.obsidianportal.com/a-god-rebuilt-aprils-cotm/

Just trying to help out.

• gaaran
    gaaran
    Hey Killer, I'm in the pre-planning stages of a new Pathfinder/3.5 game (haven't decided which), and I thought I might get in on this train to bounce ideas off people and such. (I don't think my GM is in there, since Rase plays in Edge Runners :P).

I might not have a chance to get anything up immediately, but this sounds pretty handy :).
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    It would be great to have you in Gaaran! I am a big fan of your work!
    New blood is always welcome- plots are cyclical, so people go gangbusters in the beginning, and then back off until the next major plot quandry.
    More are always welcome!

Just trying to help out.

• HumAnnoyd
    HumAnnoyd
    I would love to join in if possible. I have some plot stuff I wouldn't mind hashing out.

November 2012 CotM:  Dresden Files RPG: The Emerald City

June 2016 CotM:  Star Wars: Rise of the Infinite Empire

JUNE 2020 CotM & 2020 CotY:  Mass Effect Accelerated

FEBRUARY 2022 CotM & 2022 CotY: Dresden Files Accelerated:  Emerald City-Requiem 

Current Campaigns:  Traveller Osmium Buccaneers: Pirates of Drinax, Cyberpunk 2077 Accelerated

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Cool HumAnnoyd! Definitely welcome! Invite should be there for you!

Just trying to help out.

• nellshini
    nellshini
    My campaign is looking to kick off on the 2nd, so I think I'm ready to join myself.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Invite sent- welcome aboard!

Just trying to help out.

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    This goes out to all current Plot Club members, as well as new folks that need this-

It works best when we all participate! Please do!!

Just trying to help out.

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    So, 16 members and still looking for more! GM's, you are not an island- come join us! Share your concerns, your plot hooks, your quandaries, and your triumphs!
    On a personal note, those that are in the Club, I am in a quandary, and need opinions!

Just trying to help out.

• weasel0
    weasel0
    I'd love to join in. Be nice to have a bank of ideas to add to and be inspired by. :)
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Sent- Welcome!

Just trying to help out.

• StoryMaster
    I also would like to join if I may? (And out of mild curiosity and on a complete tangent... how many female DMs do we have? There's an on going debate in my area of the actual rarity of the species. And have been several comments on the oddity of my group.)
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Invite sent- as far as male/female, it really does not matter, so I have not asked...
    Post edited by GamingMegaverse on

Just trying to help out.

• StoryMaster
    *grins* Thanks, and I only asked because the topic's come up over here more than once, always with a fair amount of surprise, and I'm rather curious if my sources are exaggerating or if my gaming group is actually that unusual.
  • Savannah
    Savannah
    Female DM here (the screenname may have given it away :P). I know or have known two in person and quite a few via play-by-post, as well. In my experience, I wouldn't say we're anywhere near 50% of the DMing population, but we're definitely not extremely rare, either (to be fair, I don't think females make up 50% of the pen-and-paper gaming crowd).
    Post edited by Savannah on
  • ketherian
    ketherian
    Hi StoryMaster.

I'm another female DM. Sorry to hear you're getting flack about your group's makeup. I know 1/2 dozen female DM/players, maybe 3x that who prefer to just play. It shouldn't matter that you're a woman and a DM. And to those that make it more than an issue of conversation (and respectful conversation at that) - I'd say they're just jealous. ;)
  • StoryMaster
    Eh, it's not so much flack as stunned shock followed by disbelief. It was starting to make me wonder if female gamers (and especially DMs) were really THAT rare a species.
  • Savannah
    Savannah
    Only among sexists, in my experience. Be glad you're the "unusual" group!
  • weasel0
    weasel0
    Or to be fair, insular groups or areas that dont have a large enough gaming base.

Ive seen female gamers and had females sit in on games, but have not witnessed one myself. I also have never had the funds to get to a Con where i know they are. Not a sexist thing at all. From the kenzerco boards i know of several women who are their tables dm and i would love to play with quite a number of them because the games sound awesome. Its a simple matter of numbers and exposure, not sexism, for myself at least.
  • Savannah
    Savannah
    No, a insular-but-not-sexist group would not respond with "stunned shock followed by disbelief". You may not have played with a female GM, but you assume that it is perfectly reasonable. Disbelief (i.e. "you can't be a GM because you're a girl!") = sexism.
  • StoryMaster
    It's not nearly that aggressive, Savannah. More "Wait? You're the GM? And he's the only guy in your group?" (with some very priceless double takes and interesting expressions) Then more surprised blinking. Then they discover we're very plot oriented and go back to hack and slash with an 'huh, isn't that odd.'
    Post edited by StoryMaster on
  • Savannah
    Savannah
    That's good, at least. However, I stand by my statement that the fact that they respond in disbelief and double take at all is sexist. Regardless, it's off topic for this thread, so I'll shut up :P
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    So, Plot Club is open to all- never even occurred to me to ask whether people are male or female there- or anywhere....
    On a separate note, Savannah, your input on Plot Club is missed- would love your take on my current quandary....
    killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/a-god-rebuilt
    "Duskreign's First Ever COTM":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/wyrmshadow/wiki_pages/112011
    "OP's COTM April 2012":http://blog.obsidianportal.com/a-god-rebuilt-aprils-cotm/

Just trying to help out.

• robertkety
    robertkety
    Late to the party, but interested in joining - I'd love to sign up!

Robert
    "Autumn Dragons":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/autumn-dragons
  • Savannah
    Savannah
    Nooo! No personal requests for comments that I have to answer! :P

I'd be much happier if I could figure out how to jump to first unread post, instead of having to manually find it -- please tell me that's an actual feature that I'm missing...
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Unfortunately not Savannah.... sorry.... and you don't have to, it is just a request.
    Robert- happy to have you on board!

Just trying to help out.

• Old_Man_at_the_Gate
    Old_Man_at_the_Gate
    The first rule of Plot Club is you do not talk about Plot Club. The second rule of Plot Club is you DO NOT talk about Plot Club.

Obviously someone broke this rule and I would like to join! I promise not to leak any information and hope to learn more as well as help others.

-Mike
  • cgregory
    cgregory
    Sign me up for the Plot Clu...er.. I mean the dot matrix restoration club.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016