Truncating the adventure log

Comments

• Gully
    Gully
    Ok So Im having problems using the truncate command on asventure logs. I typed it in as I saw it in the discusions but all I get are open carrot, exclimation, More (styked through), close carrot. I'm fairly new to this so I'm perrty sure I screwed the syntax some where but not sure where.
  • Gully
    Gully
    Never mind I'm a retard...
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    ....nngh. I wish I could explain why your using the word "retard" bothered me. Maybe I'm just a freak for honestly finding "dumbass" less offensive.
  • Gully
    Gully
    I can understand that.

As far as offensive, Retard and the other forms Retarded and retardation are neutral terms; its the implyed meaning behind those words that people find offensive.

In this case I use this term for two reasons

1. My mind was stuck on capitalizing the first letter of "more", as well as not initialy recognizing that it worked the first time but showed me the non truncated log, efectively retarding my judgement of the situation.

2. Dumb ass dosen't quite fit. I do not consider my self dumb, specifcaly having the inability to learn, or lacking of inteligence. Nore was I being an ass.

I do not apologize for my way of thinking nor my choice of words. However I do apologize profusely for my spelling.

But I would like to point out that some how society has made it more repulsive to say some one is being held up or delayed (retard), and less offensive to saythey have no inteligence what so ever (Dumb). Funny aint it?