Character blogs

Comments

• Charsen
    Charsen
    Is it possible for my character to have a diary about the game without using the Adventure journal entries?

Right now in the blog "Sins of the Father" my character "Charsen" is writing a blog/diary about the campaign. But he's just a character and others might want to write their own version of the game. I don't want their versions to get mixed up...

I hope this is making sense, it's kind of hard to explain I suppose...
  • Micah
    Micah
    It makes perfect sense, and I've heard others ask for something similar.

I like the idea, but I probably won't have a chance to get to it anytime soon. It would be a little tricky to implement, plus I'd have to find a way to stick it into the interface in a nice way. That's usually the hardest part.

Possible ways to handle this for now:
    * Each post is written from the perspective of a different character.
    * Each post has a section after the main story where characters can post their thoughts
    * Interject character thoughts directly into the post, using formatting to offset them. I try to do this with OOC material. Take a look here to see what I'm talking about: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/arkanopolis/adventure-log/after-the-invasion

To do the funky formatting, just use a tag like this:

p{margin:20px; color:blue;}. Here is my text. blah blah

Don't forget the ending period and the space after the closing curly bracket.
  • Charsen
    Charsen
    Hey Micah,

Currently I'm planning to do something like that too, with different colors. I'm not sure if the others who are in my campaign will be patient enough to do that... So I might get them to write about it in different posts and we can try to backdate it or something to keep the perspectives associated with one event.

I was considering having an official blog and then wiki blogs for the character's perspectives linked from the official blog.... I'll check that out later tonight.
  • zero
    zero
    I've just had my players post character journals on a wiki page dedicated to them. I hadn't thought of linking them to the appropriate Adventure Log (I write those myself). I use some clunky but workable Textile to link the pages together in sequence. "Check it out":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/shackledcityzero/wiki/campaign-web/journals if ya like. Any updates on the requested feature?
  • IceBob
    IceBob
    All the posts on my campaign are written by the players from their characters' points of view - as GM I just cut them up and wrap them around eachother for continuity and cohesion - but I still make sure to mark who wrote what.
    "Like so.":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/deadlyaffair/adventure-log/risks-and-rewards