So, hi, I guess.

Duskreign
Duskreign
edited May 2013 in General Archive
Yeah. Hi, everybody. Long time no see.

The past few years of chaos in my life are finally, mercifully subsiding. I have the job I have been fighting tooth and nail to get, now (like, as of an hour ago). The future, for the first time in years, is starting to look bright again.

I have let all my campaign wikis fall into disarray. My wikis are like the dilapidated ruins of a once promising city. The friendships I have made through this site, through this very forum, have been carelessly stored on long-forgotten shelves in the back of my mind. But rest assured, you've never been far from my thoughts, guys. I miss you daily.

My life is on the mend. My torments wane. My desire to return concurrently waxes, though the road is daunting before me. All those months and months I worked on Wyrmshadow, to see it in such a state...

It makes me want to start all over again... but most importantly... it makes me want to start again.

-Mike Scott
(Duskreign)

Comments

• kettle
    kettle
    Welcome back Duskreign. I have missed your campaign and I am excited to see you back working on them. I'm glad things are working out in your life.

Kettle

"Rise of the Dead":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/rise-of-the-dead
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Dusk! It's good to see your return! What a coincidence that Rase and I have just been getting back into the swing of things ourselves :). Glad to hear that things are looking bright for you, and happy to have you back around (does this mean a possible return for Simon Cruz...? ;)

Welcome back!
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Gaaran, it just might.

And thanks, Kettle. I'm excited, too.
  • Keryth987
    Keryth987
    Welcome back Duskreign. Your campaigns continue to be an inspiration to the rest of us, and the Portal is only strengthened and improved by your triumphant return.

Keelah Se'lai,
    Keryth
    "Shadows Over New York":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/shadows-over-new-york

• saethone
    saethone
    Welcome back!
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Mike! Mike!

You broke my words! You've got no idea how happy I was to see this!

BAH! YOU BROKE MY BRAIN WITH HAPPINESS! HOW WILL I EVER REPAY YOU!?!

Alex
    (Rase)
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    There are few things that could make me happier than seeing Duskreign back! You have been sorely missed!
    Your campaigns have always been a source of inspiration, and your help invaluable.
    Great to see you back Mike!
    Victor aka killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/a-god-rebuilt
    "Duskreign's First Ever COTM":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/wyrmshadow/wiki_pages/112011
    "OP's COTM April 2012":http://blog.obsidianportal.com/a-god-rebuilt-aprils-cotm/

Just trying to help out.

• Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Thanks, guys.

Honestly, the Kickstarter, and its promised improvements to this glorious site, lured me into thinking of what I could do with a new set of tools and toys to choose from. I've been absent from my wikis, but I've never let my Ascendancy lapse, and I was a day 1 backer of Obsidian Portal's worthy Kickstarter. I am enthusiastic to start rejuvenating my wikis, but I am going to ease my way back in. My work schedule will be conducive to this hobby, now, more than it has been in years. I look forward to seeing all of you more often, to reintegrating Obsidian Portal into my daily life, and to rekindling all these friendships I was forced, by circumstance, to forsake so long ago.

I'll be in touch!

-Mike Scott
    (Duskreign)
  • ReverseG
    ReverseG
    I've only been recently introduced to the Wyrmshadow world, but I really like the way it's been done and I look forward to what you're going to do with it as the Reforging takes place!
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Welcome back Duskreign

It is a pleasure to see you more than LURKING and it sounds like things outside of OP are looking up for you too! Always a good thing!
    I look forward to more in the near(ish) future.

twigs

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• NinjaFlashX
    NinjaFlashX
    Welcome back Duskreign!!!

Flash
    "Heroes Unchained":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/heroesunchained - _Where Slaves Become Legends_

Heroes Unchained: CotM 2013

• FrankSirmarco
    FrankSirmarco
    The old gang is reassembling. I feel like an Avenger. Or one of the Wild Bunch. Or one of the Dirty Dozen. Or one of Kelly's Heroes. Or...well, you get my point.

Welcome back, Dusk!
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Kelly's Dirty Wild Avengers? Er...

The Bunch of Dirty Avenger Heroes?
    The Dozen Wild Hero Avengers?
  • Baalshamon
    Baalshamon
    Dude, you have been missed. Glad to hear life is getting good again. Can't wait to see what path your new adventures take you.
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    I'd go with Kelly's Dirty Wild Avengers...
  • wolfhound
    wolfhound
    Glad to hear you've re-entered the fray!
  • PhoenixMark
    PhoenixMark
    Welcome back. You legend has inspired many!
  • arsheesh
    arsheesh
    Ooh, ooh the old gang is reassembling! So good to see old familiar faces. Glad to have you back Dusk, I kinda know how you feel. I've considered revamping Age of Legends on more than one occasion, but the task looks so daunting, I have a lot of catching up to do on CSS. But it warms the heart to see you, Frank, Garran and Rase again (and of course I am happy to see faces like Twigs and Stephen who never really left).

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • Kallak
    Kallak
    Don't fret Dusk, we'll all be starting over again when they convert to the WYSIWYG-esque editor and break everyone's pages.
    All the best,
    - Kallak
  • wolfhound
    wolfhound
    >

... truth.