Grooveshark

SkidAce
SkidAce
edited May 2013 in General Archive
How are y'all embedding Grooveshark music?

I go to their site and cut and paste from the embed section...no love.

I even tried digging into the code at "Dark Queen" but whenever and whatever I paste into my site comes up as as all text.

/sad.

Comments

• madartiste
    madartiste
    Try this:
    @@

The link you paste in will be the same one you get when you choose "share song" from the song's options on grooveshark. Just choose the copy option at the bottom of the dialogue box that pops up when you click "share song." This will copy the song's URL into your clip board and you can then just paste it into the code here on obsidian portal.
    Post edited by madartiste on
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Thank you...worked fine for the simple application of playing "amazing grace" with bagpipes.

since the half-elf is about to die fighting the monster wererat and the dwarvf does have bagpipes, I though it appro pro...
  • madartiste
    madartiste
    Oh man. That's a pretty fantastic use. :)
  • JaymesBolton
    JaymesBolton
    I just wish there was a way to autoplay the song....

-Jaymes

"Changing History":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/l5r-changing-history
    "COTM Feburary 2013":http://blog.obsidianportal.com/changing-history-februarys-campaign-of-the-month/
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Glad Mad was able to help you out, I was going to look at what we did on Dark Queen and share it, but nevermind.
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    No worries Garan, when I tried inspecting your code at Dark Queen, there seemed to be an awful lot of it.

I suspect that was part of the styling for the boxes and framework around the songs, but I wasn't savvy enough to pick it out.
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    haha, yeah, depending on which part you were looking through. Our CSS is up to 1200 lines and counting :P