Using the Calendar/Adventure log

Andrew_Hart
Andrew_Hart
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
Good Afternoon,

I'm currently typing up a few posts for the Adventure log over "here.":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/smog-over-london/ It's a game set in Victorian London, please excuse the lack of information on the site, I hope to add more soon.

As the GM I will be uploading some adventure posts through the memoires of an NPC closely connected tot he PCs. Now here is the stickler, each entry is going to be dated with a date back in the 1880s, should I set the post to that date or keep it at the current date? A strange question I know. To be honest I'd like to know what the disadvantages would be, to setting the dates of posts in the 1880s.

Cheers
Andy

Comments

• nellshini
    nellshini
    I haven't played around on the calendar enough to say if setting the date that far back will mess things up, but what I tend to do is write the in-game date of the post in the Tagline. Since my world runs off a different calendar than the real world, it only made sense to do it that way... but I don't see why it wouldn't work for you.
  • Langy
    Langy
    In The Town, we set adventure log times to be the date in-game rather than the date the session was played. In our current game, Edgerunners, we do the opposite. I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with either method.
  • Andrew_Hart
    Andrew_Hart
    I was more concerned about any problems that doing this may present; for example not showing up in searches etc.

Cheers
    Andy