DST Assistance

eiredrake
eiredrake
edited March 2013 in DST Development
Greetings,

Seeing as how I will be using it extensively I've decided to fix the broken Dresden Files sheet. I'm a C, C++, C#, ObjectiveC programmer but I've never really done anything serious with web programming (Everybody dabbled in HTML back in the 90's).

When i first started this little adventure I fired up fiddler to figure out why the sheet was messed up and it revealed that a number of images that the sheet references no longer exist where the sheet references them. Since all the data entry and text display stuff still works I figured it would be a simple enough fix to just find similarly sized images and update the paths used in the DST to show the new images.

Following the SDK thus far I've copied the existing sheet's code into notepad++ and started poking at it to see what does what. I had some odd results. To ensure I hadn't done anything stupid I copied & pasted the existing code as it stands into the DST editor windows and altered a character to use the new sheet.

The result looked exactly nothing like the original sheet. It had the same data but it was basically in a really long list instead of in nice tidy little boxes.

So basically: original code + environment = original effect. When i pasted it into my 2.0 sheet I got: same code + different environment = completely different effect. My conclusion is that there is something 'different' between the original author's environment and my own.

I suppose my question is, what would that be? The SDK docs recommend starting with an existing sheet if there is one, which is what I did. But the end result looks nothing at all like the original. Might anyone have any idea what I would need to do to make it look like the existing sheet?

Additionally might there be anyone willing to answer questions that I will no doubt have going forward? I'd rather not spam the board and while I always spend time googling before I ask a question it's sometimes a bit like trying to find a grain of sand in a sandbox.

Thank you,
Eire

Comments

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    The awesome "Chainsaw":http://www.obsidianportal.com/profile/ChainsawXIV is the go to person on DST's.
    killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/a-god-rebuilt
    "OP's COTM April 2012":http://blog.obsidianportal.com/a-god-rebuilt-aprils-cotm/

Just trying to help out.

• markspace
    When referencing your html in the css, the top level class is ds_DTS_SLUG, which in this case is ds_dfrpg_v20_eiredrake.

So every selector in the css needs ds_ added to it
  • eiredrake
    eiredrake
    That kicked it... thank you markspace.