Portal Envy

dlaporte7271
dlaporte7271
edited January 2013 in General Archive
Portal Envy: The feeling you get when, after a ton of struggling with learning how to code, mess with color schemes, choose images, type logs, generate content...and all the other time and energy you put into your OP site...only to visit some other portal and see how they did something really awesome. The only thing is...you have already committed yourself to a particular course of action and making a portal wide change is just too much. So...you just look at the other campaign and wish you had known/thought to do it their way in the first place....

I feel like, every time I check out one of the many...stunning layouts here...I come away with a bad case of PE

Am I alone?

p.s: Tongue firmly planted in cheek (grin)

dlaporte
"Violent Skies":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/violent-skies

Comments

• SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Happens to me all the time.
  • Baalshamon
    Baalshamon
    that is my lot in life as well
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    It happens to me- but I am such a glutton for punishment I have made multiple massive changes to my site- no more though- I am satisfied with mine- so Portal Envy is happening even more often!!!

Just trying to help out.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    It is a grave situation I fear and it is only edritch magic that now can help my accursed soul. Each night I employ a soothing ritual learned from the Necronomiconn, yet each night I feel the power of the portal envy carried high by elder gods in visions that I cannot describe but which make me tremble during my waking days.

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member