Players Wanted

Tarranium
Tarranium
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
I'm a DM who's been looking for players for over a month now, my system is heavily based on roleplaying so all dice rolling is made by me to prevent cheating.
The world is about politics and war, the battles are done by thousands of troops and the players are responsible for their success and failure.

EDIT:
http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/total-war/wikis/handbook-v12

Comments

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Link for your game on OP?

Just trying to help out.

• Invictus
    Invictus
    Just a thought "all dice rolling is made by me to prevent cheating." tells me (if i were a potential player) that we are starting out on this relationship under the assumption that you don't trust me to be honest. That's a turn off, and i could find other games to play that have a more positive initial atmosphere. You may wish to rethink your stance on that for the sake of team building. After all a role playing game is a group activity, not you being the warden for a bunch of criminals. Also consider playing on Roll20, its online and lets you see dice rolls.
  • Tarranium
    Tarranium
    It's just that I've had so many cheaters in the past, it's nothing personal but it's just to make sure. I hope you understand.
    I have tried Roll20 but because it's still in Beta it has a few problems.
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Wow! I just can't imagine even thinking of playing in a game where I could not throw my own dice. Good luck with that!

twiggyleaf
    "Shimring - The Faces of Divinity":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/shimring
    (a multiplanar 3.5 D&D campaign)
    "Campaign of the Month - August 2012":http://blog.obsidianportal.com/shimring-augusts-cotm/
    Post edited by twiggyleaf on

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    There are a whole lot of dice rollers out there, rather than having the dm roll everything.

Just trying to help out.

• Invictus
    Invictus
    So yeah that about sums it up, it don't matter whether any of us understand, you've got an obstacle in your way to gaming. Not telling you what to do one way or the other but if i were a potential player, major turn off. Sounds like the same vibe is going all around.
  • Leonidas300
    Leonidas300
    I agree with Twiggs but if you want to put a positive spin on it - you could sell it as an old school game or total role play immersion technique.

I remember my first DM way back all those years ago rolled everything behind the screen and the only thing the players did was to state an action. In truth though in the modern age of gaming I don't think many folks would want to gdo this old school method for a prolonged period of time.

Leonidas300
    Post edited by Leonidas300 on
  • Tarranium
    Tarranium
    Well, I guess you could take it as a total roleplaying game with no dice. Pretty much the only thing that I do anyway is to see how characters interact(NPC's) how some battles are gonna work, politics etc.