"Ascending" trouble

Quickleaf
Quickleaf
edited August 2012 in Campaign Portal Building
Hi everyone! I just signed up earlier today and opted to sign up for the yearly "Ascendant Members" package...only Obsidian Portal treats me as a "Basic Member". Is there usually a long wait before those features become available? Or should they become available immediately? Just wondering.

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

Comments

• Langy
    Langy
    Are you the GM of the campaign you're trying to use ascendant features for? Only the GM needs to be an ascendant - and it only helps when the GM is ascendant.
  • Quickleaf
    Quickleaf
    Hi Langy. Yes, I'm the GM.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Aloha Quickleaf. Next business day is a reasonable assumption. Send the guys a bug report if it is not fixed by 8 am Hawaii time, as the guys are east coast mainland mostly.
    Good luck, and Welcome!
    killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/a-god-rebuilt
    "Duskreign's First Ever COTM":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/wyrmshadow/wiki_pages/112011
    "OP's COTM April 2012":http://blog.obsidianportal.com/a-god-rebuilt-aprils-cotm/

Just trying to help out.

• Quickleaf
    Quickleaf
    Aloha killervp. Ah, I see, that explains it, just a time zone difference and maybe a backlog of work to do on the site. I'll check it tomorrow and see what's happening.
  • Quickleaf
    Quickleaf
    Well, still no luck with setting up a calendar and forum (Ascendant features). I've already sent a bug report.
  • Invictus
    Invictus
    Thats strange, i didn't have a problem ascending. But the day i signed up i ascended in the morning. that could have something to do with it. Did other people have any problem ascending in the morning?

Did...

...did ya get it?
  • Quickleaf
    Quickleaf
    Groan. :)

Apparently I did something wrong with my original help request because it looks like it wasn't listed on Obsidian Portal Support. So I sent another private bug report. This is weird. So....no one else has had an issue with setting up an "Ascendant" membership? Anyone...Bueller?
  • Langy
    Langy
    I don't remember it taking any time at all to 'ascend', honestly. Maybe there was an issue with your payment? Did you check to see whether that went through?
  • tic
    tic
    When I made my payment it applied the ascended status to my account immediately. I don't remember any delay at all.
  • Quickleaf
    Quickleaf
    Yeah that's what I suspected, thanks @tic! The payment looked like it went thru (I think there was light grey loading text and everything), but I'll double check. Something didn't go right...
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    I sent an email to all parties.... hopefully Monday this will be resolved. They are usually very, very good at issues with ascendant accounts.... Really!!! If this is still a problem at the end of day Monday, let us know here....

Just trying to help out.

• Quickleaf
    Quickleaf
    Thanks @killervp, I think it's just some weird fluke, like a momentary bad Internet connection when I tried to pay. And maybe some of the key ObsidianPortal stuff are traveling or in the middle of something and so haven't been as available as they normally are. I'll check back on Monday. Enjoy the weekend!