Navbar HTML troubleshooting

AnonymousOne
AnonymousOne
edited August 2012 in General Archive
Oh great HTML masters of OP. I've designed a custom navbar, based on the one that Arsheesh created. It's still in it's first phase, I might just hop in and slim it down a bit but the problem that I have is that since I added the NavBar in, all of my material in the page seems to have been shunted down. so that I have about a 10-15px white gap.

Any idea why this is happening? I don't have any additional padding built into the home page.

Feel free to take a look and give me your thoughts:

"The Lost Continent Home Page":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-lost-continenta

Thanks much!

Comments

• tic
    tic
    I'm on my phone so I can't really take a look, but I'm pretty sure I know why this is happening. You have your nav bar materials set to Position:Relative and used a negative Top value to move it up? The nav bar itself is about the size of the white space you're experiencing?

If so, it's because the page is still leaving the space open for your nav bar in its initial positioning, before it was moved. You can fix it with a negative Margin-Bottom of whatever value you need things bumped up by.
    Post edited by tic on
  • AnonymousOne
    AnonymousOne
    Bump? Any help from the HTML guys around here?
  • tic
    tic
    I already answered this, set a negative value on margin-bottom :/

Probably 40px, but adjust to your tastes.
    Post edited by tic on