Comments

• MythicParty
    MythicParty
    I love my tiles, but I have to admit that this was a pretty cool setup:
    http://www.penpaperpixel.org/tutorials/tabletopprojection/
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    ...wow. That's impressive.

Maybe if I win the multi-state lotto and have the wherewithal to build a house with a dedicated gaming room, I'll investigate this kind of setup.
  • dcampbez
    dcampbez
    There is a pretty goof Flickr group of gaming table spaces from treasuretables.org... my setup is on there at this link:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/11555413@N07/1138804468/in/pool-gamingspaces/

We have a large CRT projector that projects on the wall, and another smaller one (on a shelf in the pictures I took) that aims down for the map grid.

Funny thing is, the weather has been so nice the past few weeks, we've been playing outside on the porch with a few books and no maps.... been a lot of fun...:)
  • Micah
    Micah
    I play at the student center of the university where my group got together. However, that was 5 years ago and none of us are still in school. Still, it's centrally located for all of us so we can't move. I want to play at my house, but it just isn't convenient for everyone.

So, projectors, large libraries, good sound-systems, and all sorts of neat stuff is out of the question :(
  • Deatheshroud of the
    Deatheshroud of the
    That idea is awesome!
  • Idless
    Idless
    I put up a ormal monitor, to display pictures of locales and persons, and the classic STAR WARS crawl... but it confused my players they said....

...Troels
  • spidieman
    spidieman
    we are painting our tables pure white, and using a marker to add a 1" grid on the table. Then we plan on sealing it, and using the standard overheard projector sheets to build our maps. This way its still re-usable. costs maybe $20 from re-store, and i can have all my rooms/encounters built in advance.
    besides, its hard to install a projector in a basement.
  • Fivegears
    Fivegears
    Man, I would love a setup like that. Right now I'm just happy if I can prevent my cats from jumping on the table and ravaging the minis. Of course, a projector setup wouldn't likely help with that. The dust illuminated by the beam would be like a magnet to the lil' bassards.