ADDED - Game system links

darkliquid
darkliquid
edited June 2008 in Feature Requests

Comments

• darkliquid
    darkliquid
    Having just changed the systems used for my two games, I was thinking about how I usually add a link to the game system in question when I request a new system to be added to the game systems list.

And it occurred to me, it might be quite useful for people coming along to my games and others to be able to click on the name of system and be whisked off to a relevant link about the game system. You could even link to places to buy said game system books (with a possible affiliate links for you guys, another possible source of revenue for you), providing both useful information about the game system and also about where to acquire the books if you want to join in or are interested in running your own campaign. I know I'd love to be able to click on the name of a system I wasn't familiar with and be taken to a page with information about it and where I can get it should I so desire.

What do you think?
  • Micah
    Micah
    Yeah, I've thought about the same thing, although the affiliate link was something I hadn't considered. Hmm, maybe you're on to something here...
  • Micah
    Micah
    Ok, we've added this feature, but I haven't added all the data. The system link in a campaign's header will link to any external info we have about that game. I'll be adding links whenever I have a spare moment, so expect to see game system links appear slowly over the next few days or weeks.

Keep the ideas coming!
  • Urlord
    Urlord
    When you upload a banner (750 x 300) the Game System Link goes away. I tried to link to the Paizo.com site for Pathfinder, but the Target='_blank' attribute of the Anchor tag does not work. It always loads in the current window (_self).