Quick Description in Campaign NPC view

Tikanni
Tikanni
edited May 2008 in Feature Requests

Comments

• Tikanni
    Tikanni
    Would it be possible to get the NPC's quick descriptions to show on the campaign NPC Tracker view?
    All it shows is the pic, name and labels, which while useful may not make it the easiest to remind you who the npc is if you're just glancing to get a name right and/or have a lot of NPC's. I know I also print out a list of NPC's when I can't have my laptop at the table, and it would make it easier to identify them if the quick description showed up beside their entry.
  • DarthKrzysztof
    DarthKrzysztof
    I'll second that request.
  • Micah
    Micah
    It's a good idea, but I'm not sure. It would work for small lists, but for long lists of NPCs, it would add more room. However, maybe if we shrunk the name a little we could fit a small version of the text.

Keep the ideas coming!
  • DMaple
    DMaple
    Couldn't you put it to the right of the name, there seems to be a lot of white space to the right of the characters in the list view. That why you wouldn't need to shrink anything.
  • Micah
    Micah
    To the right is a good idea, too. I've been shamelessly copying "del.icio.us":http://del.icio.us so far, but the titles there are typically longer than the character names we're dealing with. So, maybe using the whitespace on the right would work.

Thanks for the idea!
  • Darkechilde
    Darkechilde
    I'd like to add my desire for this feature, too! I was actually suprised when I filled out an NPC's quick description, and it didn't appear on the NPC list screen.
  • dorward
    dorward
    I'd like this too.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Never caught this before, and it is a great idea! I use tags a lot in my game, but a quick description would add greatly to the differentiation.
    killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/a-god-rebuilt

Just trying to help out.

• Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki
    I would love this.

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!

• wolfhound
    wolfhound
    With recent CSS updates I'd like to bump this. Yes please, allow us to incorporate the Quick Description into our new Character pages.
  • EricBerg
    EricBerg
    This functionality is in the mobile version of the site. Why isn't it in the regular version?