Timing Out/General Website Slowness

Kroy
Kroy
edited April 2008 in Bug Reports

Comments

• Kroy
    Kroy
    I'm running Firefox 2.0.0.13 on Windows XP.

I was trying to add some NPCs to my campaign and the first 12 to 15 went fine with zero problems. I started adding GM Only NPCs and got a few to show up but after a while things just kind of ground to a halt. At first it timed out and gave me Internal Server Errors. I went back and tried to create the characters again but I started losing patients around the 60+ second mark. From then on all night the whole website and virtually every feature that involved user input seemed to be running really slowly. Is there a weekly server maintenance I'm not aware of or was the website just having a bad night? I'm really excited to use this service and I'm hoping last night was a fluke and not the norm. Some of my gamers aren't all that tech savvy and if the website doesn't 'just work' they won't be inclined to use it.
  • zero
    zero
    I've had similar wonkiness. I've been able to post minor updates, but when I tried to post a new adventure log (admittedly a long one), it gave me a 502 Proxy Error:

"Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
    The proxy server could not handle the request POST /posts/update/6757.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Apache/2.2.4 (Ubuntu) mod_ruby/1.2.6 Ruby/1.8.6(2007-06-07) mod_ssl/2.2.4 OpenSSL/0.9.8e Server at www.obsidianportal.com Port 80"

What's the dealio?

-z
  • DarthKrzysztof
    DarthKrzysztof
    I couldn't access the site at all this morning, from about 7 to 8 AM Central...
  • Micah
    Micah
    Yeah, it is acting wonky and we're troubleshooting it. A lot of this stuff never shows up until it's in production and lots of people are using it.

Our best guess right now is that it has to do with some of the recent updates code we added. We've modified it a little as an experiment, but we're still trying to pin down exactly what the issue is.

We'll be monitoring it over the course of the day. Stay tuned!