Switching GMs

Davidb_S
Davidb_S
edited January 2012 in Campaign Portal Building
I have an Ascended account and my players do not. I notice that when I create a new campaign and promote a player to become a GM, (which demotes me to a Player)the Ascended account features are disabled. Is this done by design? If so, the only way to keep the Ascended features active, is for me to co-GM?

Anyone else have this experience? Thanks

Comments

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Yes, I have experience with this. You are almost correct. You have to be the gm, and the other person has to be gm. Otherwise none of the features will work.
    killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/a-god-rebuilt
    "Duskreign's First Ever COTM":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/wyrmshadow/wiki_pages/112011

Just trying to help out.

• aPizzaGirl
    aPizzaGirl
    This is an interesting situation that we run into problems with as well. We aren't playing one particular game, we're exploring different RPGs and our GM changes with each game. Some of them would love to be able to use the "Player Secret" function but it is pretty much moot because I (as the OP "GM" can see all of them). I would love to make is so that I can pay the money to be Ascendent on behalf of my group who then designates the GM of the campaign.
  • magavendon
    magavendon
    What you could consider doing, if you switch GMs often, is having a group account that you all share the password to and just have that one be the Ascended account.
  • aPizzaGirl
    aPizzaGirl
    Awesome! Thanks! I had not thought of that as a fix. We were not getting any functionality out of the player-secrets because I was able to see all of them even if I wasn't the GM.