My first map (wip)

TheMazeController
TheMazeController
edited January 2012 in General Archive
Our "Map":http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff300/A-G-A/1stContinentDanu.gif is nearly done from when my players did their world-build last week. I am waiting on a few place names / region names I dont have and shockingly we forgot to name the rivers lakes and seas/oceans.

I am also waiting on one other play report for my Adventure Logs so my update will be a bit later than I had hoped (Probably all will be up that should be by this Sunday) I am now going to aim for updates to go exactly a week behind play sessions since I am slow and I have a lot on my plate both outside of "campaign business" and as my secret evil identity as the maze controller.

I am going to slap in a map key since some of that stuff probably inst clear to the un-initiated too. All told I figure it isn't bad for my first effort in Gimp.

I can do better by hand especially with colored pencils and ink but I am trying this method since so much other campaign stuff is going digital now I might as well make my maps on the computer too.

Suggestions welcome!

Comments

• Percyprune
    Percyprune
    It's nice. You managed to keep a hand-drawn vibe in there. The aged background and texture fill are a little intense for my taste, but whatever floats your boat.

One minor niggle: I am not fond of the font. It's always difficult to find something legible and with a vaguely 'period' look. But this one look too mechanical to me. But I'll understand if it's hard to find a good alternative.
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    I like it! Alot! (Don't add too much - you don't want to clutter it.)

twiggyleaf
    "Shimring - The Faces of Divinity":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/shimring
    (a multiplanar 3.5 D&D campaign)

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    Maze that looks great! Every time someone here shows off their art skills I find myself wishing I had even just a little bit of their abilities because Ive always enjoyed making maps but they never really come out good, just ok, and every map Ive seen on here is amazing.
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    DM - You are not alone!

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• Morrinn
    Morrinn
    Four oh' fourd :(
  • TheMazeController
    TheMazeController
    Try now - fix'd