Editing a Dynamic Sheet... What am I missing?

mwbay
mwbay
edited July 2011 in Campaign Portal Building
I've never used them before, but I'm trying to use the Call of Cthulhu dynamic character sheet. Looks nice, but nothing I do seems to allow me to edit any values in the sheet. I can only change the drop down for the era of the campaign (1890s, 1920s, modern). I've tried the D&D 3.5 character sheet as well, with the same results.

I'm sure its something pretty simple, but I'd appreciate any guidance on what I'm not doing correctly!

Comments

• Kesta
    Kesta
    HEY! lol, I am having that same issue with the 3.5 Character sheet, I feel like such an idiot xD
  • Talmeth
    Talmeth
    I seem to be having the same problem, yet yesterday it was working just fine....
  • kedeshah
    Just had the exact same problem with the dynamic sheets for my Pathfinder game. Cannot input anything to the character sheet except for what is automatically added. First time here so I was wondering if I was doing something wrong. Good to know that it atleast seems like just a bug.
  • Kesta
    Kesta
    My 4e character sheet doesn't respond either. So I'm guessing it's just a bug and will be fixed soon enough :D
  • Hover_bikes
    Hover_bikes
    Same problem, just submitted it as a bug to the help desk.
  • ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    There's a javaScript issue which is killing the scripts on DST edit pages it looks like. I've added the details to the bug report you posted.
  • Xzaral
    Xzaral
    Hello, just signed up today, and I also cannot edit the character I made, wondering if others are experiencing it still.
  • jeruvin
    jeruvin
    I am having the same problem. Trying to get the group's characters online to get them all on the site and can't add any information to the sheet.

Hope this gets some attention soon.
  • SavageCole
    SavageCole
    For the Call of Cthulhu 6e style sheet, why can I not see character portrait on the sheet itself? Pic shows up on general character tab, but not on sheet. Can anyone help? Thanks.
  • KenSee
    KenSee
    I am using Uldaritch's Pathfinder sheet and am having no problems...
  • Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki
    I'm also using Uldaritch

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!

• cmannc
    I am a free player in a new campaign (i.e., reletive newbie), and I am having trouble with editing the default D&D 3.5 dynamic character sheet (I think it is Takissis' 3.5e char sheet). Our DM is asking us, the PCs, to add our character info to the character tab using the sheet template, but I can't get anything to show up in the sheet after I have edited it. I was wondering if the fact that our campaign was not an Ascendant level campaign had anything to so with it.

If that is not the case, is there a tutorial somewhere for filling out the dynamic sheets?

If it helps, the campaign is: "The Legacy of the Ancients" and my character is "Masyu Hitori"
    Post edited by cmannc on
  • ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    Not sure what the problem may be, but a few basics, because it _should_ be working for you I think:

- Are you leaving the page by some means other than clicking the save button?

- Are you running a script blocking feature of some kind which stops java script?
    Post edited by ChainsawXIV on
  • cmannc
    When I am trying to edit the sheet, the only way I know how to leave the page (and refresh what I am editing) is by clicking the save button. So no, I am not leaving the page by any other means.

I am accessing the site from my work comp, which 'may' have something in the security setup to block javascript. However, I access other websites, even ones on our intranet, that use javascript, so I don't think that is the issue.
    Post edited by cmannc on
  • Karelzarath
    Karelzarath
    There are some problems with that sheet. I would suggest trying another sheet and seeing if the problems persist.
  • Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki
    We've got everything in those sheets. There is no alternative for Pathfinder. Could you hip me to the problems with it?

If I had the chops I'd create one myself, but alas I do not.

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!

• cmannc
    I tried to access and edit the sheet from my daughter's laptop at home this weekend and everything worked fine. Not sure, but maybe this means that there is a script blocking feature in my work computer's security setup. I am entirely unsure of what the problem might be.

Loki, when I try to edit the character sheet on the character tab in the campaign I'm playing in (as mentioned above), nothing in the sheet itself is editable. There are some fields below the sheet that are editable: Basic Info, like name, slug and quick description; Extended Info, like Description (crunch), Biography (fluff) and Tags; Update Image, Change Owner and of course, the Save button. Other than that, nothing.

If I edit what I can and hit save, my character page has the message on top that it was successfully updated, but all I can see is the blank "dynamic" sheet and the Edit and Delete buttons below that. Nothing more. None of the crunch or fluff that I added shows up.