Can not upload a new map (I should be able to upload 10)

bluesguy
bluesguy
edited January 2012 in Bug Reports
Hi,

I thought I reported this via the service ticket page (Dec 23) but I haven't heard a thing. I can not upload a jpg file as one of my maps.

"Bad Request Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand."
And "400 Bad Request"

I have five maps now but since I paid for Ascendant membership I think I should be able to get 10 (or did I mis-read what I was getting).

I love this site. I do not appreciate the "slow" customer service.

Help?!?

Comments

• KenSee
    KenSee
    Have you checked the FAQ?

Remember, there are very few people that actually run the site and can't get to EVERY query in a speedy manner.

So, be patient and double check the FAQ and if all else fails then maybe you can use an offsite image service (Photobucket, FB, etc...) and just link to maps.

Hope you get your problem solved! :)

-Ken See
  • bluesguy
    bluesguy
    KenSee,

Yes I did look there and there doesn't seem to be anything remotely relating to the problem I am having.

The issue isn't getting images on the system. I can upload images onto the system all day long. I want to be able to use markers on my maps which is an excellent feature.

I have worked at small software companies myself. I have had to do development and answer calls from irate customers who had wanted an upgrade for two years because the company that owned the product before we bought it stopped supporting it. I am *NOT* asking for an immediate fix. I am asking for acknowledgment that I have in fact identified a bug and that it is in the backlog. An excellent second step would be an estimated date when it will be fixed. I have to do this every day in my job so I know it isn't easy or fun but it is required when providing a software service that people are paying for.

Like I said the product is excellent. Just need some improvement in the customer support and communication.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Not that this is a great answer- so please know it in no way solves the problem, just a possible option. Is there a map that you are not using now that is uploaded that you could delete to put the new map up? I have done this in the past when I have gotten 8 up, because I did not want to hit the barrier. Not a great solution, but a possible one.
    Sorry, have not seen that error myself before- I assume the size is not an issue? Remember, the maps all have a size limit- that is the only other thing I can come up with.
    killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/a-god-rebuilt
    Duskreign's "COTM for November 2011":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/wyrmshadow/wiki_pages/112011

Just trying to help out.

• bluesguy
    bluesguy
    killervp

Thank you for the suggestion. But I am using all of my maps at this time. If the higher zoom capability was still available then I would replace one of the maps with a world map and just zoom in. But that isn't possible either. I am also sure the size is not a problem because the map in question is smaller than others I have uploaded.

On the off chance this is a browser issue (I usually use Firefox), I tried IE9 and the bloody thing worked :-) :-(. Very very strange.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Glad it worked! Very strange indeed. I use firefox for editing and uploading ( I view in all to check).

Just trying to help out.